Defrost doesn't turn on

jblz51

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I've checked fuses and replaced blower motor resistor. Any one else have any suggestions? :dunno

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you checked the switch or the controls. Going to have to give this one some more thought.

jestersv

7.3 addict
Reaction score
does the blower work in any other settings or is just defrost the problem? if restor goes bad motor will only run in High speed I believe. can we have more info on what trouble shooting youv'e don

Last edited:

jblz51

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well, first off, thanks for the replies. When this first started, the blower would not work for a couple of minutes then come back on. That happened a couple of times. I am pretty sure that the switch is okay because when I turn it to a/c, I can hear the compressor kick on and when I am driving feel cold air come out, and when the heat is on, I can feel heat come out as long as I am actually moving. I am hoping that it is the relay. At least that is what I am going to try next. Is there a way to test the motor to see if it is still good? I did see a lot of rust on the old resistor, and I am not sure if that changes anything. Thanks for the help.

Josh

jblz51

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Got it fixed. It was the blower that was bad. It does make sense that if the blower goes bad to just replace the resistor ($16 at the dealer) and the relay ($8 at O'Reilly).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14