Detergent additive that wont score my p's and b's?

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
I am getting ready to do diy injectors and was wondering if there is any kind of detergent additive that really works and will not score my p's and b's up? I would love to pull them suckers out and see em be shiny clean every where that oil touches, but I will not put anything in there if there is a chance of scoring em up. YES I posted this in STD too, but I wanted quick response as I want to put a little run time on it if I put something in there and I hope to send off and get my kit soon.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Why not pull them the way they are so you can see what your current oil has been doing to the injectors? I guess you could run a detergent but it might mask a problem or worse yet, it could create another problem... scored p & b's.

JMHO

JOAT

I Found Nemo!
Reaction score
When I had mine apart, they were clean. Considering the lack of any real clearance tho, they would pretty much have to be. If you find something, or a good solvent to use for cleaning the bores and tips once they are out, let us know! DZLJIM would likely share such info. The other injector guys I talked to did not seem inclined to share any info, just discouragement for any DIY efforts.

Last edited:

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Why not pull them the way they are so you can see what your current oil has been doing to the injectors? I guess you could run a detergent but it might mask a problem or worse yet, it could create another problem... scored p & b's.

JMHO

I did run John Deere torq guard since I got it at cost, I will now be switching to DELO, I have seen oil analysis that shows it is a dirty oil and can coke a little, I know there could be some coking so I would like to clean it. I think the best possible thing to use would be to use one of those soapy water ultrasonic parts washers once they were out, those suckers work awesome and you don't have to do anything except put your parts in and hit start, I just don't have access to one.

psdan000

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
JOAT said:
When I had mine apart, they were clean. Considering the lack of any real clearance tho, they would pretty much have to be. If you find something, or a good solvent to use for cleaning the bores and tips once they are out, let us know! DZLJIM would likely share such info. The other injector guys I talked to did not seem inclined to share any info, just discouragement for any DIY efforts.

brake parts cleaner and a scotchbrite pad work wonders. jim suggests using brake parts cleaner in his DIY write-up. when i had mine out mine were also clean with about 170k on them, had never been out before that.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58