Detroit Soft Locker

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
Well I think after picking on Travis for his limited slip not working all the time I got what was coming to me... mine is starting to one-wheel-wonder on me. I don't really want an Auburn or anything cause they cost a lot and they do go out. So I was thinking about getting a Detroit Soft Locker. I found one for $602 with shipping @ 4wheelonline.com.

Anyways... getting to the point. Anyone running one of these? How does the engagement and stuff feel? I don't want to be that guy roasting the lone rear tire when I have all the go fast goodies put on :D . Anybody know of another good one?

:cowboy:

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
ChrisMartinTX said:
Well I think after picking on Travis for his limited slip not working all the time I got what was coming to me... mine is starting to one-wheel-wonder on me. I don't really want an Auburn or anything cause they cost a lot and they do go out. So I was thinking about getting a Detroit Soft Locker. I found one for $602 with shipping @ 4wheelonline.com.

Anyways... getting to the point. Anyone running one of these? How does the engagement and stuff feel? I don't want to be that guy roasting the lone rear tire when I have all the go fast goodies put on :D . Anybody know of another good one?

:cowboy:

I've seen advertisement for an air locker. I don't know if they make them for our trucks or not. Basically an open rear axle when cruising, then activate the air and its a full locker. I thought it was pretty interesting :dunno

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
whatabudro said:
I've seen advertisement for an air locker. I don't know if they make them for our trucks or not. Basically an open rear axle when cruising, then activate the air and its a full locker. I thought it was pretty interesting :dunno

here is a link, they do do our trucks, might be pricey but sounds like the way to go
http://www.arb.com.au/default.htm?menu.htm&0

ChrisMartinTX

97 F-250
Reaction score
whatabudro said:

Yea I'd love an ARB air locker, but they cost a ton and would require me to install a compressor... which isn't really a bad thing :p . Plus I read that they develop air leaks. From what I read its from not doing proper PM but still it would just be one more thing to have to watch.

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
ChrisMartinTX said:
Yea I'd love an ARB air locker, but they cost a ton and would require me to install a compressor... which isn't really a bad thing :p . Plus I read that they develop air leaks. From what I read its from not doing proper PM but still it would just be one more thing to have to watch.

but an airtank would run some some airhorns..... :ZigBang:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14