Dfuser power module

RON.B54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Have any of you used or have any info about the Dfuser power modules for the 7.3 . I like the price and I am wondering if this could be a good entry level power adder. I already have the tymar air filter and muffler delete on the stock exhaust. I am not looking for anything crazy just a little more power and a little better mileage. All help is welcome, thanks .:dunno

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
Hey guys. Have any of you used or have any info about the Dfuser power modules for the 7.3 . I like the price and I am wondering if this could be a good entry level power adder. I already have the tymar air filter and muffler delete on the stock exhaust. I am not looking for anything crazy just a little more power and a little better mileage. All help is welcome, thanks .:dunno

If you're just looking for little more power and a little better mileage, I think you'd be spending more then you need to. I'd suggest a 80hp Econo tune from DP-Tuner flashed directly to your PCM for a lot less $$$. You'd have enough money left over for a 4" exhaust system or the mandatory gauges.

RON.B54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have looked into that possiblity, but I dont want to be stuck to one tune. My wife drives the truck sometimes, and I do tow from time to time ranging from 5k to 12k pounds. I am sorry I didn't mention this before. Both the Dfuser modules are adjustable. I had seen them adverstised on pure diesel power with the 18k entry level unit being $89 and the xtreme unit being $149.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 18K unit is a boxed version of a DIY mod that will cost you around 50¢ to do yourself or less than $10 with a switch or potentiometer.

If you're pressed for cash look at picking up a TS chip from ebay, you'll be able to find them for around $200 with a bit of time spent shopping. When you get ready for more mods most tuners (except DP tuner) will be happy to put better and more custom programs on that chip.

The Extreme gizmo from Dfuser seems to be something to alter the injection timing which can give you more power but can also cause severe harm or lack of power if changed too much, not to mention EGT issues.

If you are yearning for mods then i would suggest doing the supporting mods like gauges, Intake & Exhaust, trans cooler, etc... first then look at more fuel.

the 10K or 18k mod (radioshack resistors), zoodad and other mods would be good inexpensive (or free) mods that would bid you a bit more time.

With the econo tunes (DP Tuner or any one else) you should be able to tow safely but you'll need to watch your EGT's & trans temps, And this tune will not be a problem at all for your wife to DD around as in those situations EGT's are not really a concern since you can't stay in the fuel long enough to get really hot.

JRJ04

Reaction score
DP Tuner offers several different tunes from towing over 12,000 lbs to running your rig on a drag strip. You can change these on the fly if you want as well. It is by far the best and if it were me, I would save up and wait until you can pay for it.

big bear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i tried the 18k mod from dfuser, but was highly disatisfied with it. it was too sensitive, lost milage with it and it didn't seem to give me the power it was rated at. so i dis-connected it
completely. i had sent this unit back the first time because it wouldn't work, so after getting a second one and it started givingf me problems i said the hell with it and cut my losses. theirs better programmers out than this. but each to his own.

Last edited:

RON.B54

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have decided that I will have my pcm re flashed by dp-tuners as soon as I get the money together.This seems to be my best option at this time,but I am going with a mild 50 or 60hp tune. I appreciate all the info and the help thank you all.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As is Always stated on here: Gauges First. EGT & Boost, and a Tranny temp Too.

Omni important, before you do any Power Adders.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14