DI Performance, Houston, TX

BigBadMarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Laying in a wet southeast Texas rice field.
Anyone have any experience with their chips? DI Performance I'm looking to put a chip in my 7.3. I like the fact that they are local and can tune the truck live. However, I haven't found much info about them on any forums. Of course, when I talked to them and said I was thinking of putting a DP Tuner chip in, they said their's is just as good. Any input would be appreciated.

I'm posting this on several of the forums here in hopes that I get as many eye's looking at this thread.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
DI is also known as Diesel Innovations and have been around since 2001 as far as I can remember.

DP Tuner (One of our Advertiser/Sponsors) has been around for many years with alot of experience regarding custom programming.I'll vouch Jody & Diane at DP Tuner will take care of your needs.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
only thing ive bought is a tranny gauge from 'em...it fogged up about
6 or more months later for some reason & they replaced it w/out issue.

good bunch of guys from what i can tell...ive been in the store probably
1/2 a dozen times...even managed to loose my GRIP on my drivers door
(wind caught it)...it bump'd david's SNOW WHITE...and i went in and
told 'em...(there was no dent but i felt bad & id wanna know if someone
did that ot my truck)...he was VERY cool 'bout it !

CSIPSD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
David and Nate are good guys! Cant go wrong if there in your back yard!

BigBadMarine

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Laying in a wet southeast Texas rice field.
David and Nate are good guys! Cant go wrong if there in your back yard!

I talked with Nate (he kind of resembles Paul Jr. on American Chopper) a few times. He seemed to answer all my questions. Yes...I live in the Houston area. As far as the tunes go...the thing that is holding me back from getting the chip from them (DI) is the "switch". I like the F5 switch from DP Tuner. Might sound crazy, but the no start feature is a big plus on the F5. A thief would have to know the specific's or sequence on how to work the F5 in the no start position. On the dial type of switch (DI)...all a thief would have to do is turn the dial and off he goes. Of course I could hide the switch dial, but that defeats the purpuse of swtich on the fly. I do like the fact that DI is right in my own backyard though. Decisions...decisions:doh:

Am I missing the boat here?????

Last edited:

txastuff79

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ive talked to them.... good guys. bought my turbo, headers, cross over pipe, etc from them. they have a pretty nice fuel filter cap tool. very helpful and patient to all my questions.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I've bought numerous item from DI. They have treated me pretty good and always took care of any issues I have had. I have one of their chips and it is great for me. But I've nothing else to compare it too. They will back the product and they are close to you. Those are some nice qualities.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good bunch of guys at DI don't have anything from there but have been in the store a bunch of times and talked with all the guys. My dad lives right around the corner.

MayhemJay

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Great crew at DI. I do almost all of my business with them. Dave really knows his tuning. They are always willing to help out with whatever you need.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14