Diagnoses

Kleetus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If the cooler is shot, when it's hot it could be letting exhaust get into the cooling system, hence the puking. Could be a crack that opens up a bit more when heated. You could have the valve unplugged, but if it's leaking or not seated closed, or one of the o rings is bad, gas will get by it.

F350DRW1

Waylon Fan
Reaction score
You may have replaced the IPR sensor, but the ICP sensor lives in the pass side valve cover. Easy to replace. My truck has done the same thing on various occasions. The other issue with ICP is oil getting into the connection. Unplug it and see if there's any signs of oil in the connection. Its a pig-tail coming off the sensor on the valve cover.

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, here is an update on my issue. I finally got a chance to go to the dealer today and the tech immediately started with installing the new flash. He said that the other one DID NOT take, not sure how that happened. Anyway, he told me that he was updating the PCM, TCM, and FICM, not sure what these are but he said everything was good. He didn't charge me so I don't have any paperwork to give anymore info other than that. I would like to know what these do if anyone can help out. I did get to watch him do this and I noticed that there were alot of updates, about 20 minutes worth. I also noticed alot of slipping between 3rd to 4th or 3rd to 5th gear which is normal after swapping between programs with my SCT but it clears up pretty quickly. How long should this last because I am still experiencing this, not as bad but it is still there. I guess I will know if this fixed my problem in the morning.

Thanks
Scott

powerstrokeguy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lotsa odd stuff goin on there. Goofy 04 6.0's.... Well i hope its fixed this time. The reflashes fixed mine when it was doing odd stuff. I had one similar to yours when i had first bought the truck, but it kinda stopped.

rsjohnsn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I got up early this morning just to see how the truck would do and to my surprise she started quicker, better, and quieter. There was no spitting and sputtering and had all the power that she was supposed to have. The trans also seems to shift smoother now that the learning process is over. I have also noticed a little bit better fuel mileage (lie-o-meter) running around town today. I will get a definite figure as we are leaving for Myrtle Beach in the morning with a 30' RV in tow. As of now, I have nothing but good things to say. I do hope that this has solved my puking issue but somehow I doubt it. I will keep all informed as how she does on the trip. Oh, and if someone can tell me what TCM stands for I would appreciate it. I have figured out PCM and FICM. As far as the dealer goes, I'm not sure how to take them with this reflash. Everyone I have spoken to said that if the first flash didn't take then the truck would have never started. Anyone have any ideas about this? Did they even do the reflash or just try to take my money?

Thanks
Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg