Diagnostic Help Needed!

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys, It's been a long while since I've posted; mainly because all has been running well. Today coming home from work, towing trailer w/ about 5 or 6k# payload, I needed to slow up quickly so I wouldn't ram the car ahead of me. While hard braking I also dropped the shift lever into 2nd and then 1st, causing it to of course rev pretty high but did not red line it(I think). After coming to a safe stop, and sitting there idling, I realized the truck was running very rough. It feels like it's running on 6 of the 8. It is not throwing a code. I have about 135k on it, and I've installed the ARP studs (heads replaced) at about 50k. I'll check in the morning for a blown boot, but any other ideas what the heck has happened. Any ideas/help is appreciated.

Last edited:

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Reving high, while decelerating, will not cause high intake pressures. There is no power load, so no high intake pressures. Your boats are probably fine. I see you don't have an EGR so my theory is shot down. I have no idea at the moment.

Dave :dunno

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Reving high, while decelerating, will not cause high intake pressures. There is no power load, so no high intake pressures. Your boats are probably fine. I see you don't have an EGR so my theory is shot down. I have no idea at the moment.

Dave :dunno
Thank you for the response. Do our trucks have a safety "limp mode", when certain problems or codes occur? I don't get why I'm not showing a code. I'll check again in the morning.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
Yes they can go into limp mode. I am not sure under what circumstances it goes into limp mode. Scan it again.

Dave

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
Yes they can go into limp mode. I am not sure under what circumstances it goes into limp mode. Scan it again.

Dave
After several attempts at scanning I finally got a P132B. Looks like it's time to tear into the turbo for cleanup?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
According to my source P0132 is an "O2 Sensor High Voltage, Bank 1 Sensor 1." I am not sure what tearing into the turbo will do...

Dave

makuloco2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
P132B is not even coming up in the PCED, I remember that code for newer models.
for the 6.4l and 6.7l you in wrong forum?

makuloco2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh now come on why are people on forums such jerks! First of all the code you speak of p0132 is a gas engine generic obd 2 code. Secondly he said it was a p132b code which is Vgt actuation specific so yes sticking of turbo is suspect, but there are many possibilities. I see you have the special calibration for the 03MY that's how you got the p132b. Regular 6.0 will not set this code hence I thought he misspoke and actually was one of the newer engines. I used to deal with these all the time when the reflash recall came out but my notes on it are at work. Haven't touch an 03 in awhile I will check Monday.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg