Diamond Eye 4" single exhaust fit problems

Brian1

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I installed a Diamond Eye 4" single stainless exhaust on Saturday on my 96 long bed extended cab and I am having fit problems. The pipe is hitting the stock spare tire and the bend to clearence the axle is offset too far forward, there is still room but I would like more over the axle. The muffler is hanging in the right place, I dont know if the batch may have had a defect or if this may be a problem with them or what? I spent an hour or 2 just messing with the 2 rear pipe sections to try and make them clear the tire but it just wasnt working. I got it partly because of what I read on here about how easy it was to install and the good fit. Anyone else had this problem? I am probably going to call them later this week when I get some time to mess with it again.

tr30

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with my dual set up on the passenger side but I cut the over the axle pipe on the muffler end until it was dead center over the axle. I use a band saw to cut it, but a sawzall with a long enough blade might work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg