did i buy the wrong diesel?

Mobeydick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would say Driver error. I'll be glad to hook to any Dodge and any Two GMs out there!!

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
notice the first time the dodge snapped the start and the ford's tires were already breaking loose. I bet the rear end weight was not equal.

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
i've seen that before, bumper to bumper pulls are rarly fair, it's not so much the power but the weight, obviosly he wasnt skimpin on power cuz the stroke was smokin em all the way back

addicted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to say the same thing. On the first pull he was smoking them all the way back.

On the second pull though I noticed he wasn't. The tires were only smoking due to being pulled backwards.

But the truth is it is not fair at all. It all comes down to traction. Even slightly bigger tires and a few more pounds would make a huge difference.

Also appeared the Dodge driver new a bit more about physics.

The co-efficient of friction is much much greater when an object is not moving. The same object on the same surface that is already in motion will have a lower co-efficient. Notice how it is easier to move that box when it is already moving....why it is so much harder to start than keep going.

The Ford started off balls to the wall and was smoking the tires trying to drag the Dodge. The dodge held his brakes as you can tell when he started to go back. Once the Ford lost its traction the Dodge Dug and and used it torque (which they are known best for) to pull out of that situation with a higher friction/traction and took the Ford to town.

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
Kinda hard to pull back when your tires are in the air most of the time.

Throw a few bags of concrete in the bed of that Ford and you would have seen quite a different outcome.

Those Dodge guys will do anything to make themselves look good. Too bad they have a good engine surrounded by a crappy truck!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58