Question Did the dealer detune my stock truck some more???

Ramrod250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Here is the short story....
Bought truck a year ago from car dealership in west palm beach FL with 30K on it. Truck was bone stock as far as I know. Now have 40K and broke down few weeks ago with a Bad HPOP and leaking branch tubes. Took into the ford dealer and they fixed it under warranty. They also performed "recall 05e15 Replace EP Sensor Reprogram PCM FICM TC". That is what was on the paper work.
Now here is the issue....
Now I have driven the truck and towed with it again it feels like it has alot less power. Even my wife notice the differance. Could it have had a programed computer and the dealer put it back to stock with out me knowing? If it was a Moded computer, wouldn't you think they would have said something since they were doing warranty work on the motor. They asked what Mod's I did to it before I droped it off. I only did the exhaust and air box. Or could they have updated my computer with some new EPA verson that made my stock truck have less power? Has anyone else seen this? Thanks Guys
Randy

TX350

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Well for what it's worth, I just traded in my 2008 Duramax for my Powestroke and I took the Duramax in for warranty work and forgot to take the performance download out of it and sure enough, when I got the truck back the dealer had returned it back to the factory tune. The service advisor never mentioned anything about it. Niether did I since I didn't want to risk my warranty.

Scot

;()
Reaction score
It could have not been stock to begin with. So "stock" to you feels like you've lost something.

Fine69

Reaction score
It is possible that you had a tune in the truck when you bought it, but it seems very odd the dealer didn't mention anything.

Ramrod250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Emissions Recall 05E15

Reading about this on some other sites, your trucks current condition is not uncommon.

Google "recall 05e15"

Thanks fgtex, did some research on the recall and I am seeing alot of the same issue. It does seem to be getting a little better so I want to put somemore miles on it. I saw something when I was reading threads about programers about the tranny having to relearn. Could that be it? Would they have flashed the tranny computer also?

Ramrod250

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
It is possible that you had a tune in the truck when you bought it, but it seems very odd the dealer didn't mention anything.

I hope so but that sucks cause I dont want to buy a programer right now if not it means they messed up my truck.

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
No, They may have returned it to stock. Ford does not like tuners or chips. They can and will void your warranty. Be glad they did not do it.

Dave

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a required driving period after a truck has been reflashed. This allows the PCM to set the parameters for your driving and local area. There is a new FICM reflash that helps prevent FICM issues, by your post seems like they did that as well.

Drive it like you normally would over the next few days or week. Hopefully there won't be any additional issues with the way it feels.

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
I had the reflash done last month when the truck threw a cel. right after that i towed our toyhauler and felt that it had less power on the uphills, but it did bring back the downhill engine brake control.
in town it still feels slow/sluggish
(truck is still stock) i'm starting to look for a tuner.....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14