diesel gonna be over $5 a gallon!!!!!???

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If that's the case, I better recalculate what our trip to Port Aransas is going to cost. May have to hire the kids out along the way.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
94f450sd said:
these guys know what they are talkin about.sorry to say but when it reaches over $3 a gallon both trucks are going.

http://p223.ezboard.com/ftow411frm1.showMessage?topicID=4327.topic
Relax guys, everything I've heard to date is that we are already paying for the cost of ULSD upgrades, etc with the increased cost of #2 over unleaded. I would expect September 1 to be just like any other day, you'll get raped for the cost of fuel, but no more than on August 31st.

You have to realize that the cost of ULSD is only partially in the extra refining. The rest is in refinery upgrades, pipelines, trucking, etc, which for various reasons, will be more difficult with ULSD (because they will still run LSD in all of the above, and there are issues with ULSD sulphur contamination). They are already making us pay for THAT. So, My guess is that the cost increase will be modest (I've seen projections of 5 to 20 cents a gallon) not 2.50 a gallon like this link says. Granted, 20 cents will put us right at about 3 dollars up here, but I am not sure that gasoline will be far behind if some of our policies on drilling, etc don't change quickly.

The sky isn't falling any more than it was before ULSD.

Black_Mamba

I'm a Window Licker!!
Reaction score
I feel for ya'll. I use to have to fill up every 4 days but now it is every 2 months. I could care less if it was $10 a gallon but for everybody else it is alot of bull to make it that high. Diesel is crap fuel. It takes about 60% of a barrel of oil to make gas and about 10% to make diesel. But it will be interesting when gas goes up higher. I wonder what my job will do.

Norcal250

Gimp member
Reaction score
Funny how EXXON just moved past WALMART as the number 1 Fortune 500 company or whatever... yet they want to charge more for their damn products... I was going to buy a superduty next week, looks like I might opt for one of the gas engines...makes you wonder what kind of economical state this country will be in if this continues:watchout

if gas prices soar I might just have to sell the boat :eek:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
simply put the law of supply and demand
they got it, we want it and there are alot of us wanting so it drives up the price, even if supplies are very adequate the price will still go up.

we need to increase the supplies to the point the pendulum starts to swing back in our favor, will it happen in my lifetime, :dunno

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It used to be the "leftovers" that required very little further work to refine it however recent (10-15 yrs) fuel quality mandates have changed the refinery process resulting in a steady increase in equipment and processes to produce diesel.

Right now there are 3 different forms of #2 out on the market offroad/high sulphur (some stations it's only dyed LSD), Low Sulphur Diesel (LSD), and making an appearance at a pump near you ULSD. Depending on are and local air quality mandates you may not have high sulphur diesel available in the metro atlanta area there is #2 & offroad (dyed #2 per driver) when I go to rural North GA or rural Alabama where I have family the stations have it labeled as High Sulphur diesel, you can smell the difference in sulphur in the exhaust when you're burning it, so without testing I can confidently say it's different along with a confirmation from the store owner & a driver that they are different when loading his truck it comes from different tanks, red dye is added as a final step before leaving the loading dock.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14