Diesel Kleen question

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
This is my first time using diesel Kleen and was wondering how everyone used it. Do you add it every time you fill up or do you just run a bottle every so many tanks?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
bigdaddyTank said:
This is my first time using diesel Kleen and was wondering how everyone used it. Do you add it every time you fill up or do you just run a bottle every so many tanks?

My truck is my daily driver, I add Diesel Kleen or Power Service about once a month, or so, or every 2 or 3 tanks full. I would think it would be more on how much you drive yer truck.... if it sets for long periods (?) it would be a good idea to have some in the fuel.... keeps the Micro-biological growth under control.

Where you buy yer fuel also has alot to do with it. A station that has a good Turn Over of diesel will prolly have good clean fuel. One that does'nt, might be the other way.

:dunno

JOE

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I use my additive on each and every tank during the cold months when winter fuel is in. In the summer I will cut back on usage if it is just daily driving, but if I am pulling a load I will dose back up with additive, and usually a hair on the heavy side.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good point. Seasonal temps have alot to do with the use, Did'nt think of that. Here in Kaulifornia, the Cold is'nt as bad an issue, but the Heat is. I tend to dose up too, when I tow. Lota variables here.

jlayne

Paint Sniffer
Reaction score
i use 16oz. of power service to every tank refill (approximately 30 gal.) this is mixed stronger than recommended but i get great fuel millage and my truck runs better

Skweeker

Resident Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I use Power Service at a ratio of 5 ounces to every 10 gallons everytime I refuel.

bigdaddyTank

Who's your Bigdaddy?
Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys, It is my daily driver and I have gotten really good mileage from this tank, but part of the tank has been after I added the 203* tstat. I may run a tank without the diesel kleen to see if the tstat has helped. I have the 44 gallon tank so I added a full 16oz bottle my last fill up.

Last edited:

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I run Power Service (white bottle) and add at a rate of about 8 ounces (or less) per tank and my tanks are 20 and 22 gallons........

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14