diesel kleen

stroke_smoke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
can diesel kleen go bad? i've had some since winter and used some of it.i havent used any since feb. i put some in a few days ago from the same bottle, and got horrible fuel mileage. a 1/4 tank took me 30 miles. not even close to normal. :confused: so, can or will it go bad?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
You have something wrong. Quit using anything until you can identify what is giving you the horrible fuel mileage. I have never heard that Diesel Kleen can go bad if it is sealed with the cap on tight. I have not heard of any fuel conditioner causing bad mileage.

Dave :dunno :dunno

CHPMustang

Reaction score
It usually takes me two winters to go through a bottle of the winter blend Diesel Kleen,haven't experienced any issues with it stored after a summer.

Bill

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
I'm going to give Stanadyne a try with the new truck. I used DK (both gray and white bottles) in the '95. I did notice that with the white bottle I gained some MPG and the Gray bottle actually decreased MPG.

As far as it going bad, I would doubt it since it sits on the shelf at the autoparts houses for months.

John

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Stanadyne is good stuff I've used it with our 99.5 F250 with no ill effects.

Bill

Beachbumcook

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use Powerservice (grey in summer and white in winter).

Have used in every tank since new and now have 55,000 miles on my 2003 Excursion Ltd 6.0L.

I use 32oz per tank (44 gallons in my Excursion) which is double the prescribed rate. I buy the 96 oz large bottles and refill the smaller 32oz bottles and just add 1 bottle to each fill up.

I believe that running additives helps with a cleaner burn, reduced soot on the EGR valves and lubricates the pumps and injectors that low sulfur fuel takes away... and it will only get worse in 2007 when ultra low sulfur fuel is mandated!!!

I find that it takes 2 full tanks at fool strength to see benefits (real of percieved). The additives in their small percentages needs time to lube, clean and disperse water. As I said, 55,000 miles on my 2003 and not one problem!!!

Jeff

police stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys was at the Ford parts house and noticed that ford has come out with their own fuel additive for the Power Stroke 4 oz. per 25 gallons of fuel.
Just a little FYI I bought one bottle to try it out only runs 8.50 a bottle but with the discount I got out for under 5 bucks. This product is labeled for the Stroke. I just feel more comfortable using a Ford product in my vech. :sweet
The bottle comes with marks for every four ounce dose and is 20 oz. total.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
I dont think Ford is making their own additive, they are most likely just re-labeling someone else's product. Quite possibly Power Service.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
police stroker said:
Hey guys was at the Ford parts house and noticed that ford has come out with their own fuel additive for the Power Stroke 4 oz. per 25 gallons of fuel.
Just a little FYI I bought one bottle to try it out only runs 8.50 a bottle but with the discount I got out for under 5 bucks. This product is labeled for the Stroke. I just feel more comfortable using a Ford product in my vech. :sweet
The bottle comes with marks for every four ounce dose and is 20 oz. total.
Welcome to SDD police stroker,great to have you on board! :sweet

Which dealership did you find the additive at?

Bill :cowboy:

JohnBoyToo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
I dont think Ford is making their own additive, they are most likely just re-labeling someone else's product. Quite possibly Power Service.

You may be right....
Was brought to DFW by Campbell-Taggart (Bread Mfg - Earth Grains - Rainbow - etc...)

Basically made two or three types of bread....
and used 75 to 100 different wrappers for all the branded stuff.... same bread - different wrapper (and price usually :))

Talk about a software nightmare...
the pricing module for each was about 500 lines of code :)

which bread, which day, which distributor, which markup, etc... etc... etc... :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14