Diesel Leak

jguzman75

McAllen, Texas
Reaction score
I have read all of the threads about this and have come to the conclusion that it must be O rings on the drain from the fuel filter housing. Is this the only place that fuel will leak from in this area or should I check other areas while I am fixing this? Thanks.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
It is not the only place but is usually the problem 98% of the time. About the only other thing to check is the filter lid.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Besides the Fuel filter lid O-ring and the drain lever O-rings is the fitting coming off the side of the Fuel Pressure Regulator as the O-ring consists mainly of rubber which can deteriorate with the new ULSD fuel(solvent) or just with age.

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
It is so common when the weather gets cold, I'd bet $100, definitley $100 that it is the problem.

JRJ04

Reaction score
thats what just happened to mine! o-rings on the drain valve were practically gone. youll be able to tell if its the drain valve or not just by crawling underneath and looking to see if you see diesel anywhere. I had it everywhere and traced it back up to the drain valve.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is so common when the weather gets cold, I'd bet $100, definitley $100 that it is the problem.

I'm 100% with Hoss on the:.. Colder Temps, Dis-similar metals & compounds.. things start leaking.

A tweak here'n there with wrench or whatever will fix most of them.

But the Drain valve O rings just basically disintegrate. I Smooshed the old ones, into a Goo, between my fingers when I replaced mine.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58