Diesel Lubrication

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Getting ready for a two week tour of the New England states. Hopefully will use Bio when ever I can find it. As of now I use B10 and Diesel Kleen and it runs well. If I only can find regular diesel, anything else I can/should add with the Diesel Kleen to keep lubrication up?

Thanks

jvencius

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello all. Getting ready for a two week tour of the New England states. Hopefully will use Bio when ever I can find it. As of now I use B10 and Diesel Kleen and it runs well. If I only can find regular diesel, anything else I can/should add with the Diesel Kleen to keep lubrication up?

Thanks

If you're using a additive/additive combo that makes your truck run well, I'd say to stick with what works.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Dan go ahead and shelf the Diesel kleen partner.

Stop at Walmart pick up a gallon or two of SuperTech Outboard 2 cycle engine Oil,it'll be in a blue bottle with TCW-3 on the label.

Add one ounce 2 cycle oil to 1 gallon Diesel fuel.

That's all you need for straight up lubrication.:sweet

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Here's the chart of additives tested by an individual ranking from #1 down to the bottom of the barrel.

You'll see where Diesel Kleen,Lucas and other made the grade.

firemediceric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the B 10 everything should be staying clean and lubricated well enough.

If you were running D2 I would suggest an occassional dose of DK to keep things clean only if fuel quality is a problem. I would suggest the 2 stroke oil to keep things lubricated.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I had read somewhere that adding cetane retards timing but not positive,someone please chime in with correction.

firemediceric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so is it really not beneficial to run a cetane boost?

Depends on what type of return you are looking for on your investment. A lot like Premium gasoline compared to the low octane rating stuff. The cost of the higher octane gasoline just doesn't make sense, as there is not enough of an increase in mileage.

Few people report noticable mileage gains to increased cetane. See what works for you. Take careful note of your driving habits for one tank of fuel and record your mileage. Run another tank of fuel with the cetane boost, trying to drive in the same fashion as the previous tank, and compare mileage.

Just because cetane is negligably increased, it will not make huge difference in BTUs. the biggest influence on mileage is driving characteristics.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58