Diesel Power Magazine

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
I got a copy of the first issue last year and it was OK. I have not seen it on the newsstand since but I think they are on there fourth issue or so. Has it gotten any better since the first issue? I was thinking about subscribing since I cannot seem to find it at the newsstand anymore. I actually made a little money on the first issue by buying a half a dozen and then sold them on ebay. Is it worth the $14.97 for nine issues? Link to DieselPower if you have never seen it.

happeetxn

9/11 Never Forget
Reaction score
I have enjoyed reading the magazine. I wish they had more stuff geared towards diesel owners like me. Kind of a how too (fill in topic here) on a financially restricted budget. But otherwise I enjoy reading it. I was never able to find the 4th issue, might check while I am out today.
Hope Y'all have a safe and prosperous New Year.
Craig

whatabudro

Launched
Reaction score
I found one issue(the one with stroked lightning) several months back, and have not been able to locate it either. 7-11's included?

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Well OK I will go ahead and spend the $14.97 and see how the next nine issues are. I like flipping through magazines from time to time but only have a few subscriptions. FourWheeler, Riverjet and now DieselPower.

spindrift

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Being as I got my "start" on a GM 6.5TD, it was pretty cool to see the last issue include an article on the 6.2. I like the mag. Certainly not a Car and Driver or Road & Track, but they're still young.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
crumm
i think they are still trying to find their "user" base.
the last copy had some cool stuff on the F650.
but to many ads.
it may in a bit get better

to many trucks in there that you could never really drive anywhere.

2000SuperStroker

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
diesel power

i got the latest issue last week and it had a dodge on the front cover big and bold.
they did do a little bit of modificaion on i think it was a '99, changed out intercoolers, and maybe intake and exhaust.
i just wish that they would show more mods done on 7.3 powerstrokes.
they also had a fair right up on the 6.0 with some cut away views.
i think it will get better with time.

lifted_up

TractorMan
Reaction score
Good mag!

I just received my first subscription issue yesterday. I've read all the previous issues cover to cover. Many of the trucks and mods are beyond my abilities to possess but I enjoy drueling over lifted duallies.:thumbs I think it is worth the $14.97 and for $8 more you can get two years, at least the offer was there when I received my billing. My previos truck was a '93 and one of the reasons I moved up was because of what is available for the newer ones. I've found an issue at Walmart and my local small town Super S grocery store. Texas may be a target area for them because there seems to be such a plethora of BIG trucks. Good reading!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
castellscl