Question Diesel techs:

Eubee

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Truck is in sig. What kind of damage can I do by driving with a known bad injector? What if I take it easy? 26 mile round trip to - from work only, for a couple days until the new injectors arrive.

Thanks for any help y'all can give me.

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
if its dead (not firing) you PROBABLY wont hurt anything, just shake your coffee a lot. light throttle and high revs actually will smooth out the vibes and be better than "taking it easy". heavy throttle and low speed will make it very rough.

if its dumping fuel, do not drive it at all.

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
if its dead (not firing) you PROBABLY wont hurt anything, just shake your coffee a lot. light throttle and high revs actually will smooth out the vibes and be better than "taking it easy". heavy throttle and low speed will make it very rough.

get TWO of them not firing, and you'll need to buy a rearview mirror adhesive kit..
if its dumping fuel, do not drive it at all
X2

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
If its dumping fuel it will wash down the cylinder wall and score it out. As touchy and spendy as these things are, I'd park it till the injectors arrive ;)

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
often when they are dumping fuel the piston is just wet with fuel, and the tailpipe will be dripping, and usually it will smoke white like a steam locomotive.

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
White smoke

Hello, i'm new to this forum but just wanted to tell you that the six liter powerstroke are known for egr coolers and that is a possible source of the white smoke, diesel's over fueled produce back smoke and the white could possibly be low cylinder temps, but if your a
vt365 owner, commonly known as the 6.0l, i would look closely at that egr cooler before y0u jump into the fuel system. Hope this helps and good luck, keep trucking!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14