Dieselsite AC upgrades

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I made my own from another mod out of a 97 ford ranger heater valve, some vacuum line and 4 clamps. Keeps the fluid flowing instead of just stopping it and was cheaper. :D

Dropped MY ac temps by 10*.

NevrKnow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look at your heater hose lines, they run into the cab continuosly. Got a heater control valve for a 97 Ranger truck and installed it. Runs off vaccum lines in the cab and keeps that hot coolant out of the cab whenever the Vent,AC, or Max AC switch is on. Cut both heater hoses, installed the valve. Get the clamps that go from 1-3/4" to 3/4". You don't want the smaller 7/8" clamps, trust me on this HAHA. Ran a 7/32" vacuum line into the cab. Theres a knockout plug near the floor you can route it thru on the passenger side so no drilling required. Cut the RED! vacuum line and Tee-d into it. You cant miss the vacuum lines, just drop your glove box and they are right there on the left.

There's much better writeup on this ( where I got it from ) but for the life of me I can't find it. Need anymore info just lemme know.

Think I have 26 bux in this mod total. No sense in paying someone just to go to the store for me. :D

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This mod on my '99 V10 would make it so cold the people in the rear seat would complain it was too cold in the truck with MAX AC on high.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58