Update DieselSite coolant filter

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The local Napa will have the 4070 non-charged coolant filters. Or get them at Fleetfilter.com for about $8 each +/-.

Al

FTG-05

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ill change it at 1k then.. any chance u guys know if i can get another filter at say napa or autozone? trying to find a place local maybe besides buying from dieselsite.com.. not that i dont like the business, but just hassle ordering and waiting for shipping lol

It's been a couple months: Have you reached 1k miles yet and, if so, how did the filter look?

Thanks,

Al

brianjbeach85

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Yep, swapping it out today and will post info on it shortly. gonna cut it open dump it out and see what we are working with.

I'm going with NAPA 4070 non charged filter.. more convient than ordering them from dieselsite..great guys, but hate paying 7-9 bucks for shipping for A filter

TheBlacksmith

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
When you buy your next filter... ask how much discount they'll give you on 4. Usually they'll knock off a couple bucks per filter. Napa did for me.

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
Coolant filter is HIGHLY recommended on the 6.0. There is quite a bit of sand floating around in there from the factory, is hard on the water pump, but the biggest thing is that it will plug your engine oil cooler, which in turn will take out your EGR cooler (if you have one :sly). Worth every penny!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58