diferences in x to 250

avaya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
ive been reading in an effort to do the right thing maintenance wise on my x. it seems that there are a few diferences between the x and the 250's-350's. does any one know of a listing with some of these diferences or is it possible to somehow start a running list. the reason i ask is i am preparing to do my transmission flush and have been reading as much as possible but i have a feeling that the x does not come from the factory with the in line transmision filter. does any one know the answer. thanks

6LMonster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We need some info to help you out. What year is your X?

My 2005 X has the inline tranny filter. It is on the passenger side behind the radiator.

One difference is that the X has different springs than it's F-250 counterpart.

avaya

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
sorry mine is an 03 limited 4wd. ive been trying to figure out how to set up my info like the others have . i believe its called a sig.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
The basic needs for a new 4x4 Excursion owner;

Swap front stock D codes for F250 style V code springs.
Ditch the stock shocks for Ranchos,Bilsteins,etc
Ditch the stock dwarf steering stabilizer for one from Rancho or Explorer Pro Comp
Install rear sway bar(if your's does not have one)
Carefully remove the sliding roof luggage racks(if not used)
If in your budget a set of Radius Rods

Getting into the engine and transmission we'll need the engine model you have(7.3 or 6.0)

To get your signature filled out with year,make,model,extras added,etc. look up to the left between forums and FAQ is "User CP" click that then scroll down to settings and options and select "Edit Signature" then fill out your info there :sweet

Need further assistance getting the sig dialed give me or any of the staff a yell :)

MBRPCrazyford

Eat Some Smoke
Reaction score
CHP, isn't the swap of the 4WD to the 2WD lift rams on the back hatch another good mod to keep in mind? Sorry, didn't try to Hijack the thread. Why remove luggage rack? Might have to let my dad know about that one

CHPMustang

Reaction score
CHP, isn't the swap of the 4WD to the 2WD lift rams on the back hatch another good mod to keep in mind? Sorry, didn't try to Hijack the thread. Why remove luggage rack? Might have to let my dad know about that one

Yes,swapping out the 4x4 struts for the 4x2 set is a good move for they give us tall owners abit more head clearance :sweet

NASCAR Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I removed the rails from my X right after I bought her new.

This weekend I glazed and waxed my X and I unbolted the rails that attach to the roof. You would not believe the crud that was under there.

I cleaned out the crud, glazed and waxed it and reinstalled the side rails. Upper ribs have been in my crawlspace for almost three years now!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58