Question Diff covers for sterling?

Nazty 4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What is the best place to buy the newer aluminum finned diff cover (from a newer superduty) for a sterling 10.25? It will be going on a 1999 F350. Do they actually cool better then the stock steel covers?

IHC Power

STOCK STROKE
Reaction score
Diff cover

I got mine from the Ford dealer I worked at for dirt cheap! Around $12.00 my cost and list is not much more either. They don't look as nice as Magtech but it's better than the factory one.

Tx_Atty

Master Baiter
Reaction score
I got mine from the dealer too. don't remember the price but not too bad. of course, that was a year ago and it may be available online cheaper now. best bet is to call the local dealer and then google search to see if you can beat it.

Tail_Gunner

CRJ & ERJ A&P Mech.
Reaction score
I got mine from Powerstrokeshop.com.

I don't recall exactly how much. But I do recall it was a bunch cheaper about 1/4 as much for a Mag-Hytec or PML which go for close to $200.

commanderjjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like my Mag-Hytech. It's nice to have a magnetic dipstick and drain plug. I didn't have a temp sender unit installed prior to having the cover, so I can't say that it actually runs cooler, but it never exceeds 200.....even on a long heavy tow in the summer. The additional fluid capacity can only help.

Nazty 4X4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
08 ford one w/ longer bolts because it is a thicker cover than the stock steel one. should be here tom

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jarrburg