Diff lock

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Anybody ever out new clutches in the locking rear diff of their F350 obs? Mine use to put even power to the rear wheels but now it seems that its more right wheel dominant. A friend of mine has the same rig and his doesn't seem to work at all cause t won't even spin both rear wheels in snow most of the time. doesn't look to be all that hard or would it be better to put one of those lockrite or powertrax units in? Thanks Lee

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
I dont have any info on replacing the clutches, but I did replace my factory limited slip with a detroit tru-trac. It works very well and relies entirely on gears for the limited slip and does not use a clutch system. It is supposed to be much more durable and reliable to a factory unit.

MUDWHISTLE

Diesel Lover
Reaction score
Oh I see where did you buy yours and how much was it? also did you have to remove the carrier to install or is it one of those you can put in with it in the diff housing? thanks

BIG DUTY

F-250 Care Taker
Reaction score
Im unsure of the exact cost of the unit or the instalalation. When I had a shop put the tru trac in the entire axle was overhauled. You may check summit racing or other vendors to find exact cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14