difference between dually axle and single wheel???

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
i was just wondering wut it would take to make my f-350 single wheel a dually, i just got a flatbed and i need some more wheels to stick out the side...can i just get different drums????

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
96EDGEpsd said:
i was just wondering what it would take to make my f-350 single wheel a dually, i just got a flatbed and i need some more wheels to stick out the side...can i just get different drums????
No, you need either Arrowcraft
Or use a complete dually axle. The wheels will hit the springs without the spacers.:sweet

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
hmmm, those things dont look cheap...looks like im on the hunt for a junkyard axle

Last edited:

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
96EDGEpsd said:
hmmm, those things dont look cheap...looks like im on the hunt for a junkyard axle
They weren't the worst, I got a full set up, front and rear spacers, 4 alcoa hot shot wheels and 3 steel for $1617 delivered. Of course they sold to me a dealer price, I have a repair shop :sweet

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
what did the flatbed come off of?a cab/chassis?or a pickup that somebody took the bed off and replaced it with the flatbed?

if it came off of a cab/chassis truck you will need the cab/chassis rear end as a true dually rear end will be way to wide,the tires will hang out the sides of the bed.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
96EDGEpsd said:
i was just wondering wut it would take to make my f-350 single wheel a dually, i just got a flatbed and i need some more wheels to stick out the side...can i just get different drums????

2 more tires and wheels;)

:sorry , i couldn't resist. :D

96EDGEpsd

Welding/Fabrication
Reaction score
i was told the bed was off a 1ton single wheel ford, it measures 7 feet wide, if i got the spacers how much wider would the wheels stick out?? it might be too far:dunno

Gubni

Reaction score
Get one junkyard dually rim and put it on and see if it hits. I've heard a 1" spacer will do.

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
if it came from a SRW truck then stay SRW as the duallys will stick out the side.another thing did it come off a pickup that somebody removed the box and replaced with the flatbed?or did it come off of a cab/chassis truck that came from the factory with no bed to have a commercial body put on it?

if it came off of a cab/chassis truck it may not fit you frame properly.you may have to lengthen or shorten your frame for it to fit right.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58