Differences in years

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
for the F-350s, were there any changes to anything on the 350s from '96-'97.. I cant find anything that includes the '97s and I wasnt sure if I could just use the stuff that talks about for the '96

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
92-97 was almost identical except for the intro of the turbo idi then the turbo di PS, springs brakes and axles stayed basically the same the rear dually had the HuGe drum brakes, axle seals on the outter hub that leaked, a couple differnt seal versions were released,
programming changes for the auto tranny with the intro of the more powerful 7.3 idi with turbo,the intro of the PS minus an intercooler and up,97 s were a last hang on or carry over till the 99's came out
cosmetic changes etc
the crew cab 250 long bed SRW was a killer intro, OBS probably the best looking body configuration ever. dual tanks last year, for the pick ups:(
i would love to find one and drop a powerstroke in it with the tq shift.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
Ok, That works..

Another Q? why dont these PS have intercoolers like everyother Diesel?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
pretty tight in the under the hood department
i have seen it done but it takes alot of fabricating and cutting of fenders supports and front clip supports,
in the new bodies the engine is actually pushed back under the cowl a few more inches to accom. the intercooler

and besides you didnt want them to intro the best engine all at once, did you
can imagine if the best stroke had been introed in 97 with the intercooler and new tranny, no one would have bought a 99,
we would all be still driving OBS trucks...:D :D

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
But the OBS are the BEST, GOSH!!!! IDIOT!!!!!

wallpaper_napoleondance2.jpg

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only notable changes were in programming and some upgrades to the internals of the transmission. Other minor changes include changes to the airbox design, injector o-ring design, dash mounts, front suspension spring rates on f250's primarially, block heater standard vs delete option.

The basic designs are the same fo rthe 94-97 trucks somewhere in the '90s there is an upgrade to a dual piston caliper for the front brakes but all of the PSD's have the better calipers, If memory serves me right this was changed at the same time as they went from kingpin to balljoint front axles.

No IC because for the powerpoint ford had they didn't need it. The 1st gen Cummins in dodges were not intercooled either. IC retrofits are common and relatively easy but aren't needed with stock programming or with practical driving stock injectors maxed out.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
XTrmXJ said:
for the F-350s, were there any changes to anything on the 350s from '96-'97.. I cant find anything that includes the '97s and I wasnt sure if I could just use the stuff that talks about for the '96
Another change was the tailgate. The tailgate on the 96' had a aluminum trim piece over it and the 97' does not have any aluminum.

XTrmXJ

NACHHOOOOOOO!!!!
Reaction score
If Im thinking what your refering to, my 97 has that trim piece on the tailgate

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
No, the 97 should have a naked tail gate. If not, then its not a stock gate from 97. The 95's and 96's had the big flat aluminum trim piece.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14