Direction involving tuner and gauges...

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
So I had a second break-in in the last 4 months involving my truck. Not happy and decided to delete the key holes on the driver and passenger side and purchase new door handles that didn't have the key holes in them. Long story short... new alarm with keyless entry is to come. Problem is... my SuperChips Flashpaq Tuner was taken and I need a new one. The other problem... truck is stuck on Performance. And since I don't have gauges for the truck... need those too.

So what I have been looking at is either the SCT Livewire or the SCT X3 with custom tunes. I have noticed a lot of you on this forum run those with no complaints... just curious as to what tunes you all are running? Most extreme tune with just 4" Silverline exhaust minus the cat and muffler and an AFE intake system. Other than that... I have a 4" ProComp lift with 35 x 12.5 tires. What is the most extreme tune that I can get but not severely hurt my 6.0?

And as for gauges... I was looking at the Edge Insight Multi-Gauge Display instead of the three gauge pod display on the A-pillar. The reason is I feel that the gauge pod on the pillar will look too tempting to a thief... which I am trying to avoid the ease at which things can be taken.

All in all... I just would like to know what people are using and how it has worked for them. Thanks for all of your input and help... it is appreciated!

aggitator

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
only problem with deleting key holes, did you ever drop you keys in water or had dead batterys? pain to get into with no power in truck or key fob not working. just my $.02

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
I know... I thought about what the hell I would do if my batteries died... or like you said, the alarm clicker died. I would be screwed! But... that is the chance I am willing to take being that a flat blade screw driver is all you need to get into our vehicles. I am done with it and never want to see another bashed in door lock on a superduty again. Two times in four months is all I will ever be able to handle. So I chose to delete them.

JRJ04

Reaction score
get some jimmy jammers! they are a sponsor here. give steve a call...great guy and will tell you all about them.

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Already took care of it my own way. I really wanted to weld a piece of metal in there to really keep them out... but that seemed sorta drastic.

But back on subject... can anyone chime in on the questions I asked? I am more concerned with the gauges than I am with the tuner. Would like to know if anyone has any experience with the Edge Insight Multi-Gauge Display. Good unit? Does it display all the vitals needed? The description on the site is vague about what all the display will actually display. Thoughts please?

fordoor

SDD Member
Reaction score
This unit has all the parameters you'll ever need (100?), just 4 at a time though. And you can scan codes and turn off your own cel. I see why you'd like this so you can unplug and take w/ you when you lock up. It must really suck having to deal w/ thieving scum sucks. Nobody messes w/ my ride, maybe because my 170#Great Dane takes up the entire back seat and goes everywhere w/me. His head is bigger than mine, and I have a big head! Sorry back to subject; here's a link to the insight w/ good description BD Power - Product: Edge Insight Monitor

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Thanks Fordoor... thieves suck. Just got to a breaking point and now I am going drastic. The Edge Insight seems like the way to go... just need to get the EGT addition with it. Seems like it will do exactly what I need it to do without the added visuals of gauges up my A-pillar. I got a pretty good visual of your dog in the back... way more scary than my girlfriends 4lb. Chihuahua in the back. Note to self... get a bigger dog.

On another note... anyone want to chime in on the custom burns they are running using the SCT Livewire or SCT X3? I would really like some input on what everyone is running and their thoughts.

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just bought an Edge Insight before the holidays and got it installed except for the EGT probe which I'll install in the next couple of days. Even though it says 100+ parameters monitored, in reality it can only monitor what a particular truck ('05 F350) can broadcast on the databus. If you're interested, I wrote down a list of what my truck can broadcast. Also, I couldn't find a trans temp PID for my truck so I talked to Edge and they told me that the software had been updated and trans temp PIDs inadvertently left out of the latest version. The guy at Edge said if I called one of his techs, they would target my Insight with the previous version that has the trans temp so I could download it from the Internet site. The monitor is really nice. You can configure the screen to show anywhere from 1 to 7 parameters and set up mulitple screens with different parameters on each. You can also set a couple of alarms for each to warn you. The backlighting can be set to just about any color you like (similar to the Mustang dashes). Anyway, just a few tidbits but it looks like a really seem like a great monitor. I researched for days trying to find the best price and I finally found an ebay site that had them for $20 less than everyone else with free shipping. Here's a link that might save you some time.

eBay Motors: Edge INSIGHT Monitor Ford F250 F350 F450 Diesel 6.0 6.4 (item 380092691219 end time Jan-25-09 13:04:00 PST)

Last edited:

Joelude

New Superduty Owner!
Reaction score
Damn... Thanks Randy! That is a pretty good price for the monitor. I am really struggling with which direction I want to go. I really want an SCT programmer and the Edge Insight... but that is a lot of money since its an extra $200 to get the EGT probe for the insight as well as an extra $80 to get the Xtreme burn for the programmer. I don't know what to do! AAAAAAHHHHH! But thanks again for the information... I do really appreciate it.;tu

RandyH

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should be able to get the EGT probe from several on-line vendors for $79 and there should be free shipping. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14