Discussion between Edge Evaluation and Gauges

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can I get some insight as to weather I should install a Edge Evolution system or 3 stand along gauges, egt, boost, fuel pressure.

I like the simplicity and the programming of the Edge but question if the reading are as accurate as a gauge.

Also the Edge does not seam to have a fuel pressure readout.

Last edited:

f100cleveland

When In Doubt,THROTTLE ON
Reaction score
I had the Edge evolution II on my truck but replaced it with the Insight from Edge when I got a SCT programer. I like the abillity to read all the different sensors that are on the engine. I would think the readings are fairly accurate. I have the Edge Evolution for sale if your interested.

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what you have but a good start is egt,bost and trans temp. I had the juce with attitude but pulled it out and installed DiPricol guages (egt,boost,trans,fuel press)and im still using the old style evolution programer and am much more pleased with this setup.

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It all depends on what you have but a good start is egt,bost and trans temp. I had the juce with attitude but pulled it out and installed DiPricol guages (egt,boost,trans,fuel press)and im still using the old style evolution programer and am much more pleased with this setup.

Other than the absent of the fuel pressure in the Edge why are you happier with the gauges? Accuracy, display, or looks.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just another opinion but I like analog, over digital. Many, if not Most of us, learned to drive or operate equipment.. scanning gauges. Personally, I like to be able to look at a specific gauge when a concern crosses my mind.. not a screen, with multiple displays, or a gauge with a digital display.

I have the 4 gauge, "A" pillar setup, with Dipricol analog gauges arranged to soot my liking. Needles moving in increments on a scale... Numbers/digits CONSTENTLY changing, in my field of view (?).. would make me :dizzy (TMI) I think.

But.... In the Digital Age ? I guess the choice would be..... His or Hers to make ?

:dunno

Last edited:

Buffs F-350

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Other than the absent of the fuel pressure in the Edge why are you happier with the gauges? Accuracy, display, or looks.

The edge also dosent have a trans temp guage. The Dipricol guages match the stock dash guages almost perfectly and in my opinion are much mor accurate than the stock guages.

michael521

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the evolution 2 , I realy like the versitility and performance it brings. The trany temp is included but does not work on my early 99 , I am looking to add aditional gauges for tranny temp, fuel pressure and oil pressure, These are not included in the Evolution. I have been told the stock oil pressure gauge only moves if there is less than 9 psi , I would like to know before it gets that low if there is a problem. Overall it seems good

HowieE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the Edge Evolution yesterday and would like some comparison numbers from those who also have the Evolution.

I was surprised at the exhaust temperature. Just around town I am seeing exhaust temperatures from 500 to 700 degrees. These seam to be quite a bit higher than my what I used to see in my 6.5 Sub. It also is much faster to react them my old Isspor gage.

Any comparisons or comments.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58