Dishwasher Quit Working

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm seriously talking about my GE dishwasher, not my wife!:innocent

I went to put a load on last night and the thing wouldnt turn on. I checked the breaker and it was fine. I checked the latching mechanism and it seemed to be working fine. The knob turns and sounds like it always did. The dishwasher is 5 years old and I have never had a problem until now.

Any ideas?

KRISTOLSON

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A lot of newer dishwashers have a water sensor in the pan underneath that will shut off the dishwasher in case of a leak. You could check that pan for water or moisture. I am not sure if ge's have them but others such as bosch have them for sure. That is my best idea...

bgirls

lacky
Reaction score
Appliance Parts from RepairClinic.com
should be able to get the answer from the site and then order parts, if you cant get the answer from the site, call and they will answer your questio and then order the parts from them. fixed my frig with 1 part instead of a local repair op that said he would replace 3 common failed parts.

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I sent a question to repair clinic and should be getting an answer back soon. I went in the house to make lunch and the dishwasher turned on by itself. It ran for a few minutes then shut off. I tried to get it to restart but with no luck.

Weird

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe it is possessed.

Honestly, the way things have been going around here lately, I wouldnt be surprised.

I have a storage shelf above my garage door that has been up for about a year. A week ago, I heard a huge bang in the garage and found that it had pulled the screws out of the studs and fallen. Thankfully the garage door was closed but it took a few friends to help me get it back up and I spent about an hour getting the door tracks bent back into shape.

The weird thing is that I havent put anything else up there or even gotten anything down since the day it was built.

Fine69

Reaction score
Garage doors vibrate a lot, I bet over time it made the shelf fall. Or the screws weren't in the studs.

tomcatin63

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
If it makes you feel any better, my diswasher broke right around Thanksgiving. It kept leaking water on my hardwood floors, and only when you weren't home, or were in bed. I think the pump housing cracked. Anyway, I drug it outside to the garage (LOL) and it's been there ever since. What a piece of junk. (haha) Well I guess I wasn't any help to you lone star dsl but I just couldn't pass that one up! By the way, the diswasher I had was a GE and around 6 or seven years old (but hardly used). Theres only four people in our house. I just wash by hand now:)
Best of luck, Tom

lone_star_dsl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been tinkering on and off with it, but never could get it to work. I took everything apart, cleaned contacts and called everyone in the book. Couldnt get any answers from anyone.

Today I put some cleaner under the sink and noticed a plug that was barely stuck in the outlet. Pushed it in and the dishwasher fired right up.

Just a reminder, MAKE SURE IT'S PLUGGED IN!!!!

This was a problem that was just waaaaay too easy to overthink. :doh:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58