Ditch Lights ?

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DSC00670.jpg

Wanted some light directly to the front sides, so I conjured up this idea.

Found these 2 1/2" LED's on Amazon.. Cut a 3" hole for the rubber mounting grommets.. wired them into the Light Bar circuit.

They're a back-up light, so they are a flood pattern. Works Great.

:dunno

Joe

trackspeeder

Stone Crusher
Reaction score
Interesting idea. :thumbs

Ditch lights face forward on a slight angle. Some flash in an alternating pattern when the horn is blown. Oh wait, that's for a locomotive.:)

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting idea. :thumbs

Ditch lights face forward on a slight angle. Some flash in an alternating pattern when the horn is blown. Oh wait, that's for a locomotive.:)

:lmao I thought you might chime in on this one :lmao

These shine slightly forward but light the area between where the headlight pattern hits.. and the front corners. Oh wait, that's for a Ford Pick-up :)

Joe

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
hey very cool
did you wire them to come on for a period of time with the turn signals at night??

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nope.. they're just wired up with the Light Bar on the grill guard (for now). Lots'a remote country roads and highways around here Robert.. nice to have everything lit up.. out front.. was what I was after. Does a Real Nice job of that.

Joe

JRJ04

Reaction score
Joe this looks like an awesome idea! Remind me again, what kind of light bar are you running?

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Nope.. they're just wired up with the Light Bar on the grill guard (for now). Lots'a remote country roads and highways around here Robert.. nice to have everything lit up.. out front.. was what I was after. Does a Real Nice job of that.

Joe

i need a similar set up...its OOOOOOso dark round here at night... we have cows that hide at night beside the roads...big uns like Volkswagen beetles
running Tbones:innocent

the new led light bars are incredible at night...amazing what an LED can put out

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Joe this looks like an awesome idea! Remind me again, what kind of light bar are you running?

;tu

It's a 30", 90 watt made by CREE. Mounted on a Rhino Grille/Brush guard.

Joe

('m guna post up some pic's of all my Bling/De-Bling stuff) (found my camera.. Again)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14