Help Needed DIY Intake Clearance

JRJ04

Reaction score
So I installed the NAPA conical style air filter a while back and was messing around under the hood last night and noticed that the bottom of it has been smushed from the hood closing on it. I worked with that thing forever trying to get it to fit down closer and could not make anything happen. The only option i see is cutting out part of the air box so that it will sit lower.

Any ideas?:dunno

02stroker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not cut the lower part of my airbox when I installed mine and it only makes a little flat spot in the wire mesh where it is against the hood. Did you try loosening the intake hose and turning it some? I turned mine a little bit so the filter would lay flatter.

JRJ04

Reaction score
well a flat spot is basically all ive got too. and yes, ive got the hose turned to where that filter is laying almost flat. i really dont care about damaging the filter as much as i am concerned that if i do damage the filter, the consequences i could face from it (improper filtration).

snakyjake

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I think it would be easier to find a different filter. I don't have problems with the 6637.

You can also purchase just a battery tray and totally remove the airbox bottom.

A little bit of squishing isn't going to be a problem...just as long as there's no leak. I expect some flexibility from paper and plastic/rubber.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14