DIY window tint

Dieselpwrdredneck

Addicted2Diesel
Reaction score
I want my front window to match my two back windows with factory tint. How hard is the DIY stuff to do?
What shade is the factory tinting

Thanks
Neal

Zookie400

I WANNA GO FAST
Reaction score
doing large windows can be very challenging. its good to have a buddy, and its even better to waste some tint and practice on something.

93turbo_animal

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its not to hard just read the directions and take your time and keep it really soapy tilll you get it where you want it oh and I think it should say on the window somewhere what the tint is or atleast it does on my mustang the smokey showed me as he was writing my ticket for illegal tint and the lower the number the darker the tint so 75 is 75% of the light gets thru and 25 is 25% of the light gets thru which is very dark

Last edited:

architect-builder

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought some of the "pre-cut" tint from a company on Ebay. Got 20% for front windows. It's very easy. Just take your time, lots of soap/water, and always, always, always, install inside a garage, shop, etc..., even if you think there is no wind. Outside, you will wake up the next morning with it dry, and dust particles between the tint and glass. (Of course, I live in Idaho, the wind never seems to quit, and don't ask me why I know this, I only bought 2 kits for 1 truck :innocent

Barrett

JLDickmon

ursus combibo
Reaction score
so I guess we're not talking about the "Bubba" method, aka Rustoleum rattle cans?

RoyBoy

Diesel Dork
Reaction score
so I guess we're not talking about the "Bubba" method, aka Rustoleum rattle cans?

Umm, no JL, I don't think so ;)

I installed my own, wasn't too bad, put 50% on the 2 front windows (legal) and 25% on the rear 3 (slightly darker than legal).

Install wasn't too bad, I have a few specks of dust here and there, but I'm happy with it...

Reaction score
Yeah what barrett said get the pre cut stuff from ebay and lots of baby shampoo with distilled water to prevent hard water spots. Have done most of my machines at work and just takes lots of solution and alot of squeegeeing (how the heck do ya spell that word)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58