DO I DARE

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
how that the temps are getting down to 34 and lower, do I still run b20?

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
How did the Dahl come apart and at what percentage of Bio was this? I am currently running a Dahl 100, though I rarely run bio I get b20 when I can.

roosterdiesel

Earl needs B100
Reaction score
Heater started to come apart. Glue couldn't withstand the B100. Baldwin said they've tested up to B20 with no problems. You can reference back to my heater delamination thread from awhile back for more of what Baldwin told me.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
I recall now, I don't have a heater so no issue for me.

rickh

Biodiesel Rules!
Reaction score
Temp last night were in the upper 40's B100 this morning no problems. This afternoon I added some kero to bring the stock tanks to about B80 in anticipation of lows around 30 Wednesday night. I do have a heated filter on the aux tank which has b100 in it. Also still have the stock fuel heater and its working. I told my wife to use the stock tanks in the mornings then when it warms up during the day, switch over to the aux tank.
Put a jar of what your running mix wise outside and check each am, you will start to get a feeling for the temps and clouding.
Most importantly, make/buy quality Biodiesel!
Rick H...

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Runnin' B20/V20 there Kev?

Only time I get B20 or any Bio is when I run down to Georgetown to my Bro's house. I usually stop in at Carl's Corner or the Knox in Hillsboro for some Bio Willie. I get some in a few weeks when we go camping. Otherwise I'm stuck with Dino. Would like to blend filtered WVO/dino but don't currently have the time of equipment to mess with it.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Fire1 said:
Only time I get B20 or any Bio is when I run down to Georgetown to my Bro's house. I usually stop in at Carl's Corner or the Knox in Hillsboro for some Bio Willie. I get some in a few weeks when we go camping. Otherwise I'm stuck with Dino. Would like to blend filtered WVO/dino but don't currently have the time of equipment to mess with it.
Same here,we usually stop at Carl's when on our southbound trips:sweet
Next batch I'll bring some over for your truck to try but I hear where you're coming from on time constraints.

Fire1

Certified Diesel Driver
Reaction score
Actually I have the time probably, but do not have any sources close to pusue. I could put the equipment together quickly and cheaply probably too. The real issue is I only fill up every two weeks, so I really do not use that much fuel.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bigtruk