Do I have a 97 or 97.5?

1baddiesel

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I also have a truck that was built in Nov 1997. I was wondering the same thing. Bought mine new. Ordered it in Sept. At first I was told they weren't taking orders for this body style anymore, then my salesman calls and says each dealer has been alotted a couple of trucks in this body style... guess I can be consider myself lucky that I got to order one. Love my truck.... only 29,200 miles to date.

Big K

SDD.com Hacker/Admin
Reaction score
My truck's build date is 11/97. Do I have a 97 or 97.5, and what's the difference between the two?:dunno

Well,

Actually there is no 97.5 model.

There is LATE 97 models but with only a few differences, but it is not considered a 97.5 Model Year.

I know, it is confusing, I didn't make the rules ;)

Easy way to tell is the Engine Cover.

If you have a SMALL cover, you have a LATE 97 model. :sweet

johndeerebones

GOT PMS?
Reaction score
I also have a truck that was built in Nov 1997. I was wondering the same thing. Bought mine new. Ordered it in Sept. At first I was told they weren't taking orders for this body style anymore, then my salesman calls and says each dealer has been alotted a couple of trucks in this body style... guess I can be consider myself lucky that I got to order one. Love my truck.... only 29,200 miles to date.

Wanna sell that NEW truck?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58