Do You Diesel Guys Test W/Blackstone?

Puddle Pirate

Will Pillage For Diesel
Reaction score
I just had the second one done on my 04. The first test at 3,000 (give or take a few) showed >4 percent fuel in the oil.

After running it hard towing I just had it tested again at 18,000 miles. Yeah I know! I need to put more miles on her - but I do at least have about 10,000 towing on her now.

For those who are not familiar with Blackstone (and I'm sure most are), here is my latest.

I'm doing a "Happy Dance" cause fuel was 1 percent and everything looks real good.

b9df5cc3.jpg

Just wondering how many have not had their oil tested?

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I test mine every couple of oil changes. I will be due this next time. Good service and report.

Dave

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
used to on my 02 ran 10k plus on some changes....
maybe going to do one for the 6.0 soon
but we change all the oil and all the filters every 6k, regardless so I may not spend the $$ to have it tested.
really dreading the 24k
tranny fluid, rear diff, power steering and brake fluid change, i may pay to have it done :eek:

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
just sent in my second sample, coolant too!! when i get results back i will post for all to see. the post office dude threw a slight fit until i shoved the letter in his face from blackstone that it is not illegal to send oil in the mail. i don't think he liked me.:D

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Used to send in samples every 10k on the '95, but have been remiss on the 06. Guess I need to do it with oil change.

powerboatr said:
used to on my 02 ran 10k plus on some changes....
maybe going to do one for the 6.0 soon
but we change all the oil and all the filters every 6k, regardless so I may not spend the $$ to have it tested.
really dreading the 24k
tranny fluid, rear diff, power steering and brake fluid change, i may pay to have it done :eek:

Robert mine is past due for that dreadful service, and I do believe I'll have Ford do it as well.

Crumm

Fordoholic
Reaction score
Me neither. I use to test my big truck but all it did was cause unneeded stress. What are you going to do if this or that is a little high? Nothing but worry about it. I change my oil regular and figure she will last as long as she lasts, no need in worrying about a high reading. What you don't know wont hurt you :D

Edit: I might add that if you are going to do extended intervals on your oil changes then a report would be a good thing to make sure the oil is not breaking down. But like I said I just change mine every 5K(with synthetic)and call it good.

Last edited:

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't tested lately but here are some of mine.

Tbar

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14