Do you see the problem?

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I snapped a few pix of the underneath of my X this morning to show the Timbren Load boosters and Helwig rear anti-sway bar. Something in one of the pix caught my eye. Can you spot the problem? :eek: Fixed not though :sweet

something_wrong2.jpg

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Yup,the nut for the sway bar's left bushing U bracket is amiss:eek:

Have an extra in the hardware bucket?:cool:

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
Yup,the nut for the sway bar's left bushing U bracket is amiss:eek:

Have an extra in the hardware bucket?:cool:

Ran to Lowe's at lunch and got one. Not sure when it happend but sure did make a huge difference in the ride after I fixed it in Lowes parking lot. (I always have my tools with me:sweet )

PSD POWER007

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does any one make better end links for the front sway bar on 4wd's? I haven't found an after market front sway bar for 4wd. Thanks for any info. My year model is in my siggy.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
I've found that if there's enough extra threads doing a double lock nut works too;)

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
I've found that if there's enough extra threads doing a double lock nut works too;)
I did both this time, a lock washer and a nylon lock nut. I am going to do the rest maybe this weekend.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
PSD POWER007 said:
Does any one make better end links for the front sway bar on 4wd's? I haven't found an after market front sway bar for 4wd. Thanks for any info. My year model is in my siggy.
Sure there's a front kit,you'll want Hellwig part #7640 and JCwhitney has it for $159 shipped,if you order it from them they only list the front bar for 2000-2004 but nothing changed for 2005 so thats what you'll want.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
haulin8or said:
I did both this time, a lock washer and a nylon lock nut. I am going to do the rest maybe this weekend.
I have upgrading the front bar rubber bushings to ES polys on the list for January:cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14