Dodge dropping 7/70 warranty

Max Power

Reaction score
"DETROIT (Reuters) - The Chrysler side of DaimlerChrysler AG will end its warranty of 7-years or 70,000 miles on its engines and transmissions, more than three years after it initiated the offer, a spokesman said on Monday.
Beginning with 2006 model year vehicles, arriving on the market in coming months, the powertrain on Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles will be covered by the 3-year or 36,000 mile warranty, as are all other parts. "

See the article for more details.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle....storyID=8507002

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Max Power said:
"DETROIT (Reuters) - The Chrysler side of DaimlerChrysler AG will end its warranty of 7-years or 70,000 miles on its engines and transmissions, more than three years after it initiated the offer, a spokesman said on Monday.
Beginning with 2006 model year vehicles, arriving on the market in coming months, the powertrain on Chrysler, Dodge and Jeep vehicles will be covered by the 3-year or 36,000 mile warranty, as are all other parts. "

See the article for more details.

http://www.reuters.com/newsArticle....storyID=8507002
Reuters already bombed the article,I'd assume the 5.9L Diesel isn't covered by the new warranty?

Dale_Lakin

Powerstroke Wannabe Owner
Reaction score
I would hope it did include the 5.9 death to Dodge Sales... :eek:

Oops did I type that outloud? :sorry

No not really :D

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
I don't understand why they can't ALL do better than 3/36. My Honda Pilot only came with a 3/36 and it does not insitill confidence. If I had not had such good experience with Hondas it would have really bothered me. I do not see why all makers cannot offer a 5year/ 100k warranty these days. My truck made it to 104k so far with no problems, just one new steering wheel because of the color wearing off and some brakes.

BJS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The problem with warranty is that we think well if you design it not to break then you should cover it for that period of time which for any modern vehicle is in the 70-100k range easily.

From what I've heard from people who bought the >10k kia/hyundai or other toy car w/ the 100k warranty WHEN they had problems the warranty was a pain to deal with and it took multiple times to fix it even with multiple dealers looking at the pos and it does not cover a loaner or rental car.

IMO the concept of a warranty is to cover any catastrophic mfg defects which should occour rather quickly hence the shorter lengths of warranties.

Wayne B

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Nothing in life is free

RenoF250 said:
I don't understand why they can't ALL do better than 3/36. My Honda Pilot only came with a 3/36 and it does not insitill confidence. If I had not had such good experience with Hondas it would have really bothered me. I do not see why all makers cannot offer a 5year/ 100k warranty these days. My truck made it to 104k so far with no problems, just one new steering wheel because of the color wearing off and some brakes.

They do, you can purchase it while you are in the finance office at the dealer. :D
I don't want to pay more for my truck for a 5 year 100,000 mile. If you do Ford gives you the option. But I am sure you want it at no cost. But nothing in life is FREE. :sorry

Wayne B

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58