dodge guy trying a ford

Seabass

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
New to me 2001 super duty. Drivetrain is bone stock minus the lift.
What to do first?

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Cool looking truck.

The 7.3 crowd can help you with some inexpensive mods that work great.

Are you going to keep the work bed, or go back to stock?

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That thing is cool. Welcome to SDD.com. Let us know a little more of what your intentions will be with the truck and then we can shoot from there. If you look in the Wiki articles there are some DIY mods that you can do at home with the help from a Home improvement store.

Seabass

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
The utility bed is one of the reasons I bought the truck. definately staying. The truck is going to be my tow/camp rig. I want to hot rod the truck with out compromising reliablity. Some thing enough to break off rice rockets at stop lights:D

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O' then we can help you out there.
Exhaust - Intake - Gauges - Chip/Programmer - that should be a good start and then if you want more then you will start getting into the injectors and turbo or spraying but not recommended. If the exhaust is stock take it to a muffler shop and have them straight pipe it. That makes it sound good. Then check the DIY articles for some other cheap mods to get you started.

Seabass

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I straight piped the truck yesterday:) I just priced out the air filter for the open element mod and every store around here wants 55-75 bucks! :watchout Something isn't right?
Fleetguard AH1141
Baldwinn PA2818
Donaldson B085011
Napa 6637
Any reason I should not use one of the conical filters from pep boys in there performance isle. There only $40, reusable and the dimensions are similar.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The utility bed is one of the reasons I bought the truck. definately staying. The truck is going to be my tow/camp rig. I want to hot rod the truck with out compromising reliablity. Some thing enough to break off rice rockets at stop lights:D

First off.. Nice Truck and WELCOME to SDD ;tu

Second..Take a look below. If yer guna tow/camp ? everthing I've done is with towing in mind. Not Topa the Heap but all Bolt On, Screw On, Plug In and Tweaking it stuff.

However.. I do enjoy.. engauging the occational Saki Sucker.. just to remind'm that just because it's a Dezel and has a Big Butt.. doesn't mean it won't & can't Haul Butt :D:lmao

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14