Does this sound right?

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
last saturday, I took my 03 in for the following problems:

1. No power past 70
2. EGT's at 1100 at 70mph, light acceleration ( enough to keep it at 70)
3. Boost at 70mph was 25-30psi
4. Water was sitting at aobut 210F at 70mph
5. Turbo Fart when taking foot off the go go pedal.
6. 150PSI fuel pressure - though, i think this may have been a coincidence with the problems starting about the same time the gauge sender went bad.

This is without pulling anything.

I got a call from the mechanic today, and he informed me the MAF connector was broken. He said he replaced it, and now the truck runs fine.

I know a busted up MAF can cause problems, but all of the above listed problems? It makes me wonder.

I asked if he checked the fuel pressure (just to be on the safe side) "Uhh. No. I didn't, it was the MAF connector that was bad".

What are your guys' thoughts on this?

edit: Oh, and he told me the other part of the problem was that the EGR valve was disconnected. I asked him how that could be part of the problem? I have had that EGR valve disconnected for Ages. And I even pull it out once every 6 months or so, and i clean the hell out of it.

Last edited:

Digital Oxygen

Got Boost?
Reaction score
But.. But.. But.. We have so many self proclamed Diesel gurus that supposedly know everything diesel, and then some! :lol:

Oh well. It seems the MAF connector fix cured the ailments the truck was suffering from.

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unfortuantely theres not a lot of info for the gurus to go on...
if you had some codes folks might be a bit more ready to offer
up suggestions.

bendog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25-30 psi, thats about what the tech told me mine was at, just before he swapped out the turbo because of a stuck unison ring. Dont know about the other stuff. Now with the new turbo, I havent noticed a turbo fart yet, with the old one it seemed to fart alot. Im starting to wonder if the unison ring needs routine maint? Oh yeah my EGR has been unplugged for most of this trucks 45K miles.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14