Does your turbo still spin after you shut down?

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
So, the other day I unbolted the exhaust from the cat to see what the sound was like. Drove it for about 15 miles and then when I got home I had the wife rev it for me while I stood outside (sound was pretty sweet by the way). After I had her shut it down I could hear the turbo spinning for about 10 seconds after the engine shut down. Is this normal?

On a positive note will soon be getting rid of the cat and muffler. Has there been any definitive on weather the MBRP cat delete will fit the stock exhaust? I have seen pictures of it done but was wondering for sure before I purchased.

Thanks

Trapper

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the MBRP cat delete will bolt to the factory system w/out modification
(i have PERSONALLY done it).

and fwiw even w/ the FULL factory system you can hear the turbo spin
down (listen to it @ the exhaust tip)...

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
Short answer= yes
how long? depends on if you let it "idle "down for a few before killing the engine, or if you reved it up then killed it :D
is there oil pressure to the bronze bushing/bearing while its coasting =no, but there is residual oil film to protect it from reasonable coast down times.
i can hear mine for bout 3-6 secnds after shut down....

Trapper77

2003 Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys. I guess I am never usually outside my truck at the pipe on shutdown and with the stock system it really drowns out the sound. Thanks also for the info on the MBRP pipe. :sweet

Trapper

DragonSlayer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
also, if you listen you can hear the sound of air moving through the cac system for a second or two after shut down.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Svttim