Dogs.............New & Old

Tbar

SDD STAFF/Moderator
Reaction score
The old man is about to check out on us. I should have put him down long ago but can't bring myself to do it yet. He is 14.

The new pup is a hand full. About 8-12 weeks old and a HUGH bundle of energy with a BIG personallity.

My son found it and brought it home to us the weekend before he left for college. Don't know if it he was tryin to fill the void he was leaving or the one the old dog would soon leave.

Tbar

jharvey

Shutter Bug
Reaction score
Tbar...Hate to hear about your 14yo pup, I'll never forget the day I had to put my 16yo down :( :(

The new pup looks like he'll be fun to play with, start the training early and have fun :thumbs

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
which one is the old pup tbar? i would guess the brown one.

hope all is well and he doesn't suffer any in his last days.

i lost a dear pet at the ripe old age of about 4 or 5, he got sick and we had

to put him down. his name was tiger.

after he had died, we went to my sister's piano recital and someone played

send in the clowns, i started crying uncontrollably. really tripped everybody out at the recital.

a sad song and the death of pet really hit me hard. something i will never forget.

Roland_Jenkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its never easy. Recently put down a stray that showed up at our door 14 + years ago.

That old Elivs song "old shep" still chokes me up.

95_stroker

Jefe
Reaction score
Ive got a 15 year old in the back yard. I know how you feel about your dog Lance. It wont be fun or easy.

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
I know what you mean. Our 13yo had a seisure a few months back, now he needs a "hearing ear dog"
rugbythethief.jpg

This was right after he stole my chair as I got up to get a beer...the thief

94f450sd

certified nutjob
Reaction score
i know what ya mean.i had to have my 17 year old lab/pitbull/shepherd mix put down.he had seriously bad hips.in the summer he couldnt move on hot days but in winter he was like a spring pup.

my pitbull i have now is gonna be 10 in november.almost lost her a few years ago cuz she got in the trash and ate a whole bowl of chocolate chip cookie dough(kinda strange cuz her name is cookie)her stomach almost flipped.but she finally did what she had to do to fix it on her own.you can see her in my avitar and here.

hheynow

Señor Aceite de Soja
Reaction score
My 9 year old border collie was operated on Friday for an intestinal obstruction. He had swallowed a piece of a tennis ball that would not pass. I picked him up today from the pet hospital. The bill was huge but I'm not ready to put him down.

Last edited:

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
Good luck with the new pup!

I lost my 10 yr old Lab in April of this year to cancer and we got a new Lab pup the first of July.....and I regret it frequently. I forgot how much work a pup is and how mad they can make you. Them there are those few moments a day when the pup just steals your heart, and all is well....for a few minutes.

I hope your old boy hangs in there for a long time.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14