Dogs.............New & Old

02SilverStroke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A little over 8 years ago, we got a mini Schnauzer puppy to go with the 12 year old poodle who was "on his last legs". He didn't know how to handle the little thing that kept pulling on his ears. Just before Christmas that same year, the vet recommended that we put him down, which we did. We were with him when the vet gave him the injection, I never want to do that again. We had him cremated, and he's on a bookshelf in our living room. Right after he died, the Schnauzer started grieving, she wouldn't play, just got on the couch and wouldn't do anything. We got another mini Schnauzer from the same breeder (but they're not biological sisters), and they're as close as "two peas in a pod". If one goes outside, they both go. One goes to the vet, they both go and so on. It's gonna be tough on the survivor (as well as us) when one of them goes. The oldest one turned 8 in May, the younger one will be 8 in October.

N_P

Truck Nut
Reaction score
02SilverStroke said:
We were with him when the vet gave him the injection, I never want to do that again. We had him cremated, and he's on a bookshelf in our living room.

I agree, that is something I never want to do again, it was a hard thing to do, but it was very peaceful. The vet came to the house to make it easier on Jake and on us.

Like you, we had Jake cremated and he is also sitting in a small cedar chest on the bookshelf watching over us every day. I sure do miss that old boy.:( This new pup has got some HUGE paw prints to fill...and I don't think he can do it.

ktpauley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know how hard it is to say good bye to an old friend and family member. We put Bond to rest last October, after 6 months of vet visits, and several trips to University of Penn's emergency room for his enlarged heart. Even though we have several other 4 legged kids in the house there won't be another like him. This is a painting of Bond I had done for the Boss Unit for Christmas. Keith

Last edited:

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
95_stroker said:
Truth be told, I like most dogs more than I like most people. :)

ditto X3

our 6 yr rotty bout killed us when se got the big C,
then the shepard (ernie irvan), now ms. dallas is queen B.
you can never replace em, just try to start a new chapter

its never easy putting em down,

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am amazed at our OES (old english sheep) dog...its been 25+yrs
since either my wife or ive had a dog...and i cant believe how
this pup has won our hearts.

it never ceases to amaze me how she SENSES the good & bad
in total strangers...she hasnt been wrong YET...from the kid
next door to the workers in the yard...she somehow knows who
can be trusted and who we shouldnt turn our back on.

my wife and i are amazed that weve become "dog people"...
weve worked w/ maggie to be certain that shes an ambassedor
and proof that dogs can be friendly and safe...weve socialized
er when ever possible (and ive done my part to turn 'er into a
"gear head" by taking 'er to the local car show EVERY saturday)

maggie loves to ride in the pickup truck too !

i cant wait to fine a motorcycle w/ side car for 'er to ride around
the neighborhood in...

my wife and i would be CRUSHED if anything ever happened to
"miss maggie" !

My-Office-Mate.jpg

Reaction score
Putting my lab down last fall was one of the worst days of my life (8 years old, cancer).:( But, we will always have our memories. Those can't be taken away!:sweet

Lance, bring them to the next get together! We'd love to meet the new and old. :D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14