Doing some maintenance and mods..

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure I understand what you've done with the fuel pump inlet fitting mod.

The inlet fitting, and it's plastic line, is an assembly, is only about a foot long.. then it's a SS line.. back to the tank. All you need to do is replace that whole assembly.. with a 14" (+/-) length of fuel hose with a band clamp on each end ?

Joe

ssonnier

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Joe I had a bad experience once with rubber hose clamped to just steel line (may have been my own fault) but ever since then I have always installed a compression fitting on the steel side with a barbed fitting coming off of that to give the rubber hose something better to grip on to.

Got the truck all back together and put about 80 miles on it yesterday. Had a slight water leak develop. Thinking its just the squeeze style clamp on the heater core line coming from the pump. Going to put a heavy duty screw clamp on it today and see if it solves the issue. Having a new windshield put in at the moment.

I have to say it does run a lot smoother and seems as though throttle response has increased. Going to change oil today also and give it a trial run down to Baton Rouge (2.5 hours) and check the mileage. Then it's off to Wyoming. Hopefully before I return I will have the 4" turbo back installed and have started working on cosmetics.

BIG JOE

Full Access Member
Reaction score
;tu Smoother, quieter and more throttle responce is usually what you get by eliminating the QD FP inlet fitting. A good Road Trip will purge even more air from the fuel system.

Sounds like yer on the right track with the Mods. The 7.3's have ALOT of potential.. just by tweaking and improving things a bit.

Joe

ssonnier

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I totally agree. It did really well today on the trip. I averaged 16.58 miles per gallon running 65-70. I have 4:10s in it and plan on stepping up to 33" tires before long. Thinking maybe that will help out highway mileage some since that is my main concern. Definitely looking forward to my TW chip.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simmons Inaya