Donaldson air intake systems

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
Do any of you have the Donaldson air intake system installed in your truck and if so, how do you like it.....or......what don't you like about it? I'm going with the Amsoil synthetic trans fluid and the rep seems to feel that the Donaldson is one of the "better???" air intakes. Since I know nothing about them thought I would put it out there for the benefit of all the knowledge on this forum. :hail Thanks.

sagebel

Stock? Pfft!
Reaction score
It is a good intake. A guy at work has one and loves it. I have a Donaldson filter on my Tymar. It you are talking to the Amsoil rep, see what it costs to be a preferred customer. It should save you some $$. Some reps don't like to mention it since you will get stuff at dealer cost.

Scott

dboyw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the Donaldson filter on my homemade tymar intake, but then switched to the Amsoil EAAU4090 fitler. Why, for looks, if it made a difference, not sure, but it has an inverted intake at the top witch ends up at the fender well opening. Just another option since you are going Amsoil.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
It is a good intake. A guy at work has one and loves it. I have a Donaldson filter on my Tymar. It you are talking to the Amsoil rep, see what it costs to be a preferred customer. It should save you some $$. Some reps don't like to mention it since you will get stuff at dealer cost.
Scott

Yup, I am a preferred customer. But after reading a bunch of info on the Donaldson, the one they're recommending for the 7.3 is not supposed to be used with an engine that has any enhancements, i.e. chip, programmer, exhaust or turbo charger which is what my truck is. :( I've emailed the rep to see what the scoop is and if there's another style he would recommend.

Thanks for the info.

CHPMustang

Reaction score
Dunno if it matters much but I went from many dependable years with the Donaldson filter on our 7.3L to the AFE stage II PG7 kit and what a difference! holy cow batman! :D

If you were to look for a viable option filter that cleans air just as well if not better than the Donaldson and own a performance modified rig,the AFE stage II is the way to go.

dogtrk

Pat
Reaction score
Dunno if it matters much but I went from many dependable years with the Donaldson filter on our 7.3L to the AFE stage II PG7 kit and what a difference! holy cow batman! :D

If you were to look for a viable option filter that cleans air just as well if not better than the Donaldson and own a performance modified rig,the AFE stage II is the way to go.

I think that's probably what I'm going to do. The rep just emailed me and wrote that he has an AFE and uses an Amsoil filter for it.....claims it's identical to the Donaldson system. I don't know if you'd consider a turbo charger a performance modified rig but I'll check out the Stage II. I will be putting a new exhaust system on in the spring so that's an upgrade...... ;tu

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14