Dont Forget To Set The Parking Brake, OR ELSE!!!

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
My dad and 11yo old nephew went to pick up one of our trailers that was having some welding done to it this morning.

My dad hooked upto the trailer and was gonna let it build up air while he went to tell the manager of the shop something.

Next thing you know, the truck starts rolling down the parking lot, thru a gate post, across the street, thru a barbed wire fence, and into a yard.

It rolled for about 600 feet straight as an arrow. it put a hole in the A/C condensor, probably thru the intercooler and radiator. It also punctured a hole in the pass side fuel tank.

Thank the Lord no one was in the truck (like my nephew), or he would have been tossed around something bad.

I know my Dad felt bad about it, but nobody was hurt, and thats what matters.

SO, allways make sure your parking brake is set, 10-4!!! :thumbs

dzl_x_4x4

Dzl_X_4x4
Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone was OK. That could have been alot worse:eek:. Bet your dad will never forget that lesson learned.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
Glad to hear everyone was OK. That could have been alot worse:eek:. Bet your dad will never forget that lesson learned.

he said the last time he remembed that he forgot to do that and the truck got away, was 1960 something. it was just a momentary lapse of concentration.

shoot, we all do it, i have two tailgate's to show for mine.

haulin8or

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:eek: WOW! Glad to hear knowbody was hurt except maybe a little pride. Good thing it was not a busy highway it rolled across!

Reaction score
Dang! Can't believe that barbed-wire fence didn't stop that little-bitty ol' truck!:roflmao

Glad no one was hurt, Stephen!:sweet

bushpilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
jeezus ! well glad everyone is ok...lord knows it could have been
a LOT more expensive ! im impressed you have such a cool head about
it...nice example you set...for me ! thanks !

WD40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
STEPHEN, I hope that you are not going to fire your dad. Where I worked I would of been fired if anyone would of seen the truck role, much less put a dent in a bumper.
So glad that they are ok and didn't anyone get hurt. God is good to us and sometimes we forget to thank Him.

BamaSixGun

SDD Super Mod/Staff
Reaction score
jeezus ! well glad everyone is ok...lord knows it could have been
a LOT more expensive ! im impressed you have such a cool head about
it...nice example you set...for me ! thanks !

when my Dad 2-wayed me to come get them, and he told me what happened, i thought to myself, man, it just seems to happen to us sometimes.

i had a very bad mental picture of what the truck would look like when i got there, of course it wasnt as bad as i though it would be.

its only a truck and we can get it fixed, glad we have a good insurance company to work with.

on a separate note, i did notice today, that somewhere, someone put a dent in my brand new tailgate -mad -mad -mad , and it scratched thru the clear and base coat. i was more upset about that, than what happened this morning, but, its all good, nothin the dent doctor and alittle touch-up paint cant fix.

Last edited:

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow Stephen sorry to hear about the tail gate and your dad. Glad that they are ok and nobody got hurt. I have done it before. Got out of my KW and just threw it into N not even thinking. Luckly I wasn't far from the truck when it started rolling away. Thank God for insurance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58