Doom Light Stays On, Door Ajar ?????

ProXJC

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have a 01 f250 PSD, the dome light will sometimes not shut off for an extended period of time, and the door ajar light comes on when all doors are shut? Both problems seem to happen when the outdoor temps are warm.
Also powerdoor locks not working properly, both doors on driver side sometimes do not operate? Any help would be great!

DaveBen

SDD Senior Member
Reaction score
I will bet that you have the dome lights turned ON by the headlight switch. Turn the switch a little bit one way and it will go off. The actuator is shot on the door locks.

Dave

Dave

Teggleston

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got done replaceing the drivers door lock assembily on my sisters 02 F250 and that fixed the same problem you are having. There is a switch on the latching assembily.

acjjkamp

Blitz and Harley
Reaction score
on the dome light: spray some WD40 into the latch of the door. there is a sensor that gets stuck in the "open door" position.
my 99 did the same thing. the dome light problem went away after that.

JRJ04

Reaction score
on the dome light: spray some WD40 into the latch of the door. there is a sensor that gets stuck in the "open door" position.
my 99 did the same thing. the dome light problem went away after that.

i had the same problem with my 02 and this fixed it

Hoss 350

My GSP, Dutch
Reaction score
And a third vote for a good spraying of the lock mechanism with WD-40. There are naysayers that claim this won't work, that the switch is shot, etc, but most of them have not tried the WD-40 trick. I did mine 3 years ago, and have never had the problem since.

platinum01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same problem in mine. I sprayed the door locks and now it works fine. Then started again, did the door seal mod and have not had a problem with them yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14