Door Ajar Light Problem?

kemorris

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Door Ajar from Rear Passenger door

Ok, this problem has been ongoing for about 3 years now, not a real big one, but just gets annoying. My door ajar light will come on and stay on saying one of my doors is not closed all the way. Well I will get out of my truck slam all my doors and still it says door ajar. Light will turn off in the cab after going 15mph. But will turn back on will speeds dips below 15mph. It sometimes will be like this for a couple of days and then goes away. It seems to happen when someone opens my back door. Now when I have taken my truck to the shop, the problem never happens, so they say they can't tell what is wrong with the sensors or the problem. Any of y'all had this problem? Any feedback will be greatly appreciated.

I thought I was going crazy when my light would turn Off/On around 15 mph. I have tried WD40 before, but need some clarification of the switch location. Is it located in the door or in the truck chassis? It is on a 99 F250 Crew Cab. If someone could take a picture it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colvinecoboost14