door ajar light

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i have a door ajar light that comes on intermittently even when all the doors are closed. i think i have the problem narrowed down to the passenger side. where is the switch and how do i get to it?

the thing is triggering my interior lights and dinging at me so i'd like to get it fixed.

thanks

Rob

TASKFORCERANGER506

TASKFORCERANGER506
Reaction score
Light on all time..

The switch is just behind the door hitch mech on the door itself. Spray a few shots of brake cleaner inside the lock and behind it, then spray a light shot of WD-40 and this should fix this issue...It's a small switch head and easily attracts dirt that can easily cause the switch to stay open sometimes, therefore causing your door ajar light and interior lights to stay on. If not then you'll need to replace the switch it's self and they are very inexpensive to fix. Dealer item only.:thumbs

'57turbo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
light switch

I just replaced mine last Friday.

The door dight switch is at the bottom of the door latch itself.
It hangs upside down and the plunger will get alot of dirt in it, causing it to stick. The cleaner and oil may work without taking it the latch out of the door. It has a cam stop lock on it to keep it from falling out of thr bottom of the door latch itself.
Have fun.

no-red 6 0

Senioritis
Reaction score
TASKFORCERANGER506 said:
The switch is just behind the door hitch mech on the door itself. Spray a few shots of brake cleaner inside the lock and behind it, then spray a light shot of WD-40 and this should fix this issue...It's a small switch head and easily attracts dirt that can easily cause the switch to stay open sometimes, therefore causing your door ajar light and interior lights to stay on. If not then you'll need to replace the switch it's self and they are very inexpensive to fix. Dealer item only.:thumbs

i too had similar issue. my door ajar lite came on while tooling down the road pretty frequently. took to dealer, he sprayed something on the contacts on the door and wiped off. stated that dirt/gunk interferes w/ the contacts and throws codes. that fixed it and no problems since. seems pretty simple to me. i felt stupid. anyway, now i know.

69oiler

I don't feel tardy
Reaction score
i shot it up with WD and the problem is gone for now. thanks

TASKFORCERANGER506

TASKFORCERANGER506
Reaction score
Door lights...

No problem bro..Here in IRAQ we have sand and dirt issues all the time and have to adapt and over come and I learned that IDEA here. We drive the Excursion here on our convoy details when the Pres and any other Dignitary show up. I'll see if I can get some pics posted. They are tricked out and military strong. In fact they resemble my truck back home look at my Profile pics. Anyhow have a good weekend.:burnit

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58