Door ajar....

Crazy Cowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Anyone else have this problem??? My door ajar light sporadically will stay on when all doors are definately shut. Annoying even though the lights inside eventually go out, the dash light won't. I've gone around and pressed in on every door and slammed them too. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. By the way - where is the pin or sensor!?!?! I'm guessing it's on the rod at the front of the jamb?

Crazy Cowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Replacable without changing the latch? I'm going to guess no. I'll try lubing it today. :santa3

CORNBOY

Cornboy
Reaction score
We just bought a 2001 Limited and have been experiencing the same issue. I have isolated it to the back hatch and spraying it down with WD seems to do it for now. It's nice to see this isn't an isolated problem. Did Ford ever have a TSB on this?:silly

Crazy Cowboy

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
:open Thanks, seems to work :) Not sure on the TSB but I have a link for them somewhere, I'll try to find it and look. Hope you guys had a great holiday!

Wawuzat

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
We just bought a 2001 Limited and have been experiencing the same issue. I have isolated it to the back hatch and spraying it down with WD seems to do it for now. It's nice to see this isn't an isolated problem. Did Ford ever have a TSB on this?:silly
No TSB that I know of, but Ford did start selling a revised door ajar switch. I replaced all 6 of 'em in my old '01, and 2 of 'em were packaged in little cardboard boxes. THOSE boxed units were the old style. The new switches are packaged in plastic bags. BTW, those 2 old style switches did eventually start giving me problems.

FWIW, you have 6 switches on 4 circuits. Each front door has a switch on individual circuits. Each rear door has a switch, but the pair of doors is on one circuit. Finally, you have 2 switches in the rear liftgate, and they're on a single circuit. By far, the liftgate switches are the easiest to replace. WD40 works ... but only for awhile.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58