Door code pad reset

Mika Whittkaer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Does anybody know how to reset the code pad on my 06 F-250?
Unfortunatly, it did not com with a book. I looked on ebay for a new owners manual and they are $99, are they really that much?

Mika

W4RLR

High Tech Hillbilly
Reaction score
The owner's manual shouldn't be that much. A SERVICE manual on DVD-ROM, maybe.

Go to the Ford Owners Section at Ford Motor Company: Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Hybrids, Parts - Ford and register. When you do, you can DOWNLOAD the owner's manual and other documentation for your truck as an Adobe PDF. Print it yourself and save a few bucks, or spend about $20 at the dealer if memory serves correctly.

As for your question about resetting the door code, you might want to ask the dealership to look it up for you, or one of the more savvy folks on the forum can tell you where the control box for the door lock system resides on your truck. The code is on a sticker attached to the box.

powerboatr

living well in Texas
Reaction score
The owner's manual shouldn't be that much. A SERVICE manual on DVD-ROM, maybe.

Go to the Ford Owners Section at Ford Motor Company: Cars, Trucks, SUVs, Hybrids, Parts - Ford and register. When you do, you can DOWNLOAD the owner's manual and other documentation for your truck as an Adobe PDF. Print it yourself and save a few bucks, or spend about $20 at the dealer if memory serves correctly.

As for your question about resetting the door code, you might want to ask the dealership to look it up for you, or one of the more savvy folks on the forum can tell you where the control box for the door lock system resides on your truck. The code is on a sticker attached to the box.

its also on of all places the back of the radio and yep you have to pull it out to read it, or atleast out enough to get a mirror behind it

i think its a few other places as well but they escape me right now
www.fleet.ford.com also has down loadable owners manuals, but without the code it wont help you set your own.

low2tone

low2tone
Reaction score
Not sure if you're just tryin to reset the door pad or actually get a manual, but i bought my truck without knowin the code and the dealership just brought a machine out and reset it for me in the parking lot. "free"

Mika Whittkaer

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I received a remote keypad I bought off ebay today. Programing the remote was simple. Also, I found a manual on PDF. I'm getting there If I can just get the keypad on the door to work. I haven't had time to pull the radio yet, or look on the computer. The dealer said they could plug it into the computer and get the code, that is the only way.

Thanks

Mika

bobtruck

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I have the same issue. I bought a used 2008 F-250 that has a door keypad, and ave been told that the factory code is on the bottom of the computer module, but I am not sure where that is or how to get to it.

woofer700

Diesel is cool
Reaction score
your dealer can plug in their computer and tell you the code, and or reset it to what you want.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58