Door Controls going out

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
My passenger side door has been acting up. First the locks were taking a few hit to unlock and now the window is intermittant. Is this just coincidence or could I have a ground going bad or something?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
You might want to pull the door panel and inspect the wire harness plugs for a loose connection wire.

When the problems arise is it from the drivers side control panel switches or from both(L&R) door control panel switches?

I know the power lock actuators do go bad and it's right about this point when it takes 2-3(or more) times hitting the button for them to lock/unlock.

Bill

RenoF250

DungBeetle
Reaction score
CHPMustang said:
You might want to pull the door panel and inspect the wire harness plugs for a loose connection wire.

When the problems arise is it from the drivers side control panel switches or from both(L&R) door control panel switches?

I know the power lock actuators do go bad and it's right about this point when it takes 2-3(or more) times hitting the button for them to lock/unlock.

Bill

The window is from the drivers side controls and I think it has done it from the passenger side controls also. The locks are from the drivers side and the remote. I am thinking it may be coincidence and I need lock actuators and a window relay.

Chewman

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
I too am having the passenger door lock actuator not unlocking or locking. ANyone know what one of htese is going for?

Are there any other syndroms that this couldbe a sign of?

CHPMustang

Reaction score
RenoF250 said:
The window is from the drivers side controls and I think it has done it from the passenger side controls also. The locks are from the drivers side and the remote. I am thinking it may be coincidence and I need lock actuators and a window relay.
Possibly switches have gummed up spilled coffee,soda,etc thats interfering with the continuity of the electrical system.

Worst case scenario is the GEM unit that everything runs thru.

You may have to tear into the switch panels and do a swap between right and left to see if the problems remain the same.

bad_bad_bubba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my driver door has problems sometimes. Usually happens if I just run out to the truck for something. If I have had the truck running no problem on the fisrt try. If I hit the wrong button on the remote it doesnt always lock right back up. I need to replace the accutor on mine.

Dieselmeister

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depending on how much you want to spend you can fix it fairly cheaply...

On my truck all the locks stopped working, except the drivers door.. I was able to purchase so lock actuators from a place that sells alarms & other kits... they were like $4 or $5 each...

All you do is place them inline with the factory locks... you splice into the wires and your done... it took me like 30 minutes per door to fix them... I did that about 7-8 months ago and they are still going strong... The three actuators and the little blue wire splicers cost me a total of about $20...

You can't tell anything is different and even if you were to look behind the panel it would be hard to tell that something was different.

For me there was no option of going with new factory actuators... they are way over priced...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58