door lock

'57turbo

SDD Junior Member
Reaction score
Just finished replacing the door lock actuator. That was alot of fun. Can't wait for the others to go out.:roflmao :roflmao

Djracer

Car Stereo Dude
Reaction score
I replaced mine with a high quality aftermarket since the factory ones suck! I sell them for 20 bucks each and you don't even have to remove the factory ones!

Djracer

Car Stereo Dude
Reaction score
I have one left to install that is still Ford and its on its last leg! I can post pics and how to! If anyone is interested?

Djracer

Car Stereo Dude
Reaction score
Aftermarket door lock install

Step 1. Remove door panel! Very simple pop off upper black plastic trim and power window switch (unplug all wires). gently pry off the light cover then remove the two 7mm screws and lift and your panel right off. Twist the light harness to the remove it from the panel and sit aside.

Step 2. Mount the actuater to the outside of the door with drywall screws making sure nothing is in your way on the inside of the panel. (see Pic 1)

Step 3. Remove drywall screws and drill your screw holes out to about 3/16.
(see Pic 2)

Step 4. Loosly mount the actuator (see Pic 3) to the inside of the door to determine rod length! Make sure actuator and factory lock rod are both pulled up. Then cut the rod to the right length. (see Pic 4)

Step 5. Mount actuator and attach clamp to both rods. (see Pic 4)

Step 6. Locate the two larger wires in the harness that runs to the rear of the door. Cut the wires and attach the front half of the factory harness to the new actuator wires. Don't make these perminant until you verify that lock locks your door and unlock unlocks your door! If they are backwards swap the wires. Then make your connections perminant! (see Pic 5)

Step 7. Reattach door Panel.

These instructions and pics are of the right front door the left is the same I'll post pics of the rear if someone wants to see its very similar!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
woodrow58